Minimax: knobs don't work

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

mor3ten

Minimax: knobs don't work

Post by mor3ten »

Hi!
Just joined this forum and got my Minimax today. The problem is:
The knobs don't seem to work. They are showing up in the MIDI status window but I can't hear anything. This goes for all knos (including the volume knob).

What's wrong? :cry:
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

maybe your controller or sequencer is not sending it MIDI on the right channel?

we probably need to know more about your setup.
mor3ten

Post by mor3ten »

Thanks for the reply!

I feel stoopid now. It seems the previous owner turned off "MIDI Control". :lol:
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

:lol: im glad you sorted that out easy!
mor3ten

Post by mor3ten »

Also got the newest firmware sorted. Gave me the creeps when I got error after updating from a leopard Intel Mac. Re-upgraded with a PC using winXP and it's all sorted now.

It sounds very very good! Already thinking out adding a Prodyssey. :lol:
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

mor3ten wrote:Also got the newest firmware sorted. Gave me the creeps when I got error after updating from a leopard Intel Mac. Re-upgraded with a PC using winXP and it's all sorted now.

It sounds very very good! Already thinking out adding a Prodyssey. :lol:
Prodyssey - As long as you do not expect it to sound like an ARP Odyssey you will be fine. Soniccore are not responding to support issues on this ASB so I would advise to be careful and listen to it before purchasing.
Binman_UK

Post by Binman_UK »

Le Bone wrote:Prodyssey - As long as you do not expect it to sound like an ARP Odyssey you will be fine. Soniccore are not responding to support issues on this ASB so I would advise to be careful and listen to it before purchasing.
Is there anywhere online that has a comparison of the Prodyssey's sounds with a real Arp Odyssey?

Cheers,
Binny
astroman

Post by astroman »

you can spare the effort - it sounds great as it sounds, it has an almost identical approach to synth control - but as it's not duophonic in the classical sense it will always be a machine on it's own.
But then who cares ? Minimaxes aren't mono either :D :P

cheers, Tom
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

Binman_UK wrote:
Le Bone wrote:Prodyssey - As long as you do not expect it to sound like an ARP Odyssey you will be fine. Soniccore are not responding to support issues on this ASB so I would advise to be careful and listen to it before purchasing.
Is there anywhere online that has a comparison of the Prodyssey's sounds with a real Arp Odyssey?

Cheers,
Binny
The Ring mod does not sound correct especially when using sync (alot of aliasing). There is no way to get those ARP Odyssey Ultravox sounds of the early 80's.

If you ignore sync and ring mod (especially when combined) then it otherwise is similar. It really depends if you want those sounds. You can get those sounds though if you use the control surface linked to a Nord G2 (the G2 making the sounds).

Have a word with Andyr1960 as he was the one who pointed me to the G2 and he has even made his own handbuilt Odyssey soundalike with a passion to GET THAT SOUND.

He has some great ultravox mps3 made with the G2 simulating the Odyssey sound. The Prodyssey does not even come near!