Using software editor whilst playing a loop from cubase?

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

Binman_UK

Using software editor whilst playing a loop from cubase?

Post by Binman_UK »

Hi,

I've got the Pro-12 ASB, with Cubase sending a midi loop to it using a standard midi cable. Is there any way I can use the software editor while this loop is playing? Because my audio/midi interface is assigned to Cubase, it's therefore locked, so I don't seem to be able to do this :(.

Cheers,
Binny.
The_Unknown

Post by The_Unknown »

Hi,
does Cubase the lock or is your midi interface/driver not able to work as multil client ?
Perhaps you can try Hubis Midi Loopback or Midi Yoke to solve your problem...
Good luck :-)
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

All depeds on your midi interface. I initially used a EWS88 and it also locked each other out.

So I ended up using MIDI for cubase control and USB for the editor control (same with my prodyssey). Meant I had a series of USB hubs.

You can also use the Cubase Panels to write your own editor that works within cubase. I wrote one for the Prodyssey but had little feedback so never bothered writing one for the PRO12.

I then switched to a Steinberg MIDEX8 interface which allows cubase and the editor to run from the same Midi cable
Binman_UK

Post by Binman_UK »

Le Bone wrote:So I ended up using MIDI for cubase control and USB for the editor control (same with my prodyssey). Meant I had a series of USB hubs.
How do you do that? In the editor software, I assign my Saffire Pro 12 audio interface as the midi device, which enables Cubase to interact with the Pro-12. If I change this to USB, then Cubase can't contact it via the midi cable any more. Am I missing something here?

Binny.
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

Binman_UK wrote:
Le Bone wrote:So I ended up using MIDI for cubase control and USB for the editor control (same with my prodyssey). Meant I had a series of USB hubs.
How do you do that? In the editor software, I assign my Saffire Pro 12 audio interface as the midi device, which enables Cubase to interact with the Pro-12. If I change this to USB, then Cubase can't contact it via the midi cable any more. Am I missing something here?

Binny.
Hi Binman,

My cubase 2 was fine and it was only when I went to 4 did I have problems. I used Cubase to control the ASB totally from MIDI. I used the Soniccore editor with the USB settings . Other way did not work for me. Soniccore have not a dedicated driver for the ASB USB (more disapointment) so you have to experiment with all the devices that say "ASB Audio" in the editor settings.

I purchased a MIDEX8 from ebay for about 60 quid.It lets me use editor and cubase on same midi channel.

Tone