Moderators: valis, garyb

hifiboom

System x

Post by hifiboom »

from ebay:

lol :lol:
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

little by little, it seems that they are reproducing the SFP system modularity in the hardware domain :lol:
It's a sort of "real" SDK homemade work! :P

Nice :D
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

Slick :D
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

homebrew vresion of this i guess :)

HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Funny !!!

I was just wondering if I would get one of the Arturia Analog Factory Keyboard to built up something like this (just a quick cute and paste image):
Attachments
Quick cute and paste image of a Pro12 ASB together with the Arturia Analog Factory bundle Keyboard manufactured by CME.<br />The idea is to assign the additionnal control elements provided by the keyboard to the hidden parameters of the ASB.
Quick cute and paste image of a Pro12 ASB together with the Arturia Analog Factory bundle Keyboard manufactured by CME.
The idea is to assign the additionnal control elements provided by the keyboard to the hidden parameters of the ASB.
Pro12ASB+Kbd.jpg (140.14 KiB) Viewed 5205 times
hubird

Post by hubird »

A plugiator with one plug...
ulrichte

Post by ulrichte »

might put this one on the bay too...
Attachments
Prodyssey19.jpg
Prodyssey19.jpg (451.7 KiB) Viewed 5168 times
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

gotta get me some of those coloured caps
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
Just *ASK* and *INVITE* every-
thing you are after..........
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

slammah2012 wrote:gotta get me some of those coloured caps
The black caps are a pain to get off. I bought a load of caps from Mouser.com and sold the two extra sets on ebay for 12 quid a set. Cost 35 dollars just in postage from the US. Sorry but I sold both spare sets to a guy from an electronic music band in Sheffield who sang about some "waitress working in a cocktail bar".(I preffered being boiled).

The coloured caps have lead content so you should not eat them!! They are alot easier to put on if you warm them on a radiator first! They actually make programming alot quicker/easier and not just cosmetic!
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

How painfull is removing the black caps.......Do they pop off or do they risk snapping the slider arm???...
I amin Canada.....
Doyou remember your part source???
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

They are a pain top get off and hurt my fingers.

I put the cap between my thumb and next finger (pointy finger) with the finger bent and gripped tight whilst slowly lifting my right finger to ease the cap upwards. Try one and you will see what I mean. I will dig out my mouser order and pm/send details to you.

I am in the process of applying to move to Vancouver so a big thumbs up to Canada.....Just need a job there.....
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

Le Bone wrote:They are a pain top get off and hurt my fingers.

I put the cap between my thumb and next finger (pointy finger) with the finger bent and gripped tight whilst slowly lifting my right finger to ease the cap upwards. Try one and you will see what I mean. I will dig out my mouser order and pm/send details to you.

I am in the process of applying to move to Vancouver so a big thumbs up to Canada.....Just need a job there.....
If you are an audio guy and know your stuff.... Talk to Clive at "Allstar Show industries" in Vancouver...
If you are into lighting, talk to the Guys at Q1 Productions limited in Vancouver.....I work at Q1's Winnipeg Shop, (used to work for Clive in Edmonton for Allstar....)
If you are into studio stuff, Vancouver has a few, like the Greenhouse,Mushroom,
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

Hi Slammah,

thanks for that. I only do music as a hobby.

So am looking for openedge/progress work out there. IN the meantime learning Java which seems straightforward and taking a degree in my spare time.

Try pulling one of those caps off and you see what I mean. Maybe easier with pliers!!!
radar23

Post by radar23 »

I've put these coloured caps on my Pro Ody ASB.

To remove the existing caps I levered them off with a flat screwdriver, and my fingers. Very little force required.

Putting on the coloured ones was done by warming the caps in my hand and stretching them a bit on a smaller flat srew driver to make an circle into an oval.

All time consuming, but rewarding in the end.

I bought the caps from mouser and I have a spares/leftovers if any anyone is interested, since I dont see me needing them for anything else.

cheers

Radar
gregae

Post by gregae »

ulrichte wrote:might put this one on the bay too...
I think I see the logic in the color choices you made for the caps (VCO1 -> blue, VCO2 -> green, EG's -> red, etc). Does this duplicate the colors of the original?
gregae

Post by gregae »

radar23 wrote:I've put these coloured caps on my Pro Ody ASB.

I bought the caps from mouser and I have a spares/leftovers if any anyone is interested, since I dont see me needing them for anything else.

cheers

Radar
Hi Radar,

What is the part number (or description) of these caps from Mouser?

- Greg
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

gregae wrote:
radar23 wrote:I've put these coloured caps on my Pro Ody ASB.

cheers

Radar
Hi Radar,

- Greg
Too bad they don't have the original pink LFO/LFO frequency caps...
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
radar23

Post by radar23 »

Radar[/quote]

Hi Radar,

- Greg[/quote]
Too bad they don't have the original pink LFO/LFO frequency caps...[/quote]

mousers parts 10TB001 to 10TB006 (red, black, white, blue, Green).

:)
gregae

Post by gregae »

GregAE wrote:
Hi Radar,

- Greg

mousers parts 10TB001 to 10TB006 (red, black, white, blue, Green).

:)

Thanks! It looks like you can buy them singly for 0.17 each (0.15 each for a quantity of 50). Did you need to make a minimum buy, and is that the reason you have extras?
radar23

Post by radar23 »

Hi,

I bought extra incase I broke some during my install. I also though someone else would maybe want a set also.

I think these caps are worth it, makes the ody look really cool. Although I think my cat likes to sit on the synth more now it has some colour.

does anyone else have a cat that enjoys walking over their synths? It a nightmare, my poor esq-1 is old and I dont think it can take 7kg moggy jumping on it every day! :o :-?