the price of a used Minimax?

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

the19thbear

the price of a used Minimax?

Post by the19thbear »

what would the price be for a used minimax ASB?
I found one for 371 euro/555 us dollars.
mint condition. 1 year old
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

I think it's good.
paologatto

Post by paologatto »

actually last spring the Minimax was available at Music Store Cologne for about 470 € :)
The_Unknown

Post by The_Unknown »

...I think this offers were out of Creamwares insolvency wares ? ...so those prices will be very rare cost-covering...and it would be unfair to compair to a "normal" price...
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

My dream is the Prodyssey under 600 euros :P

Or a simple Prodyssey-like midi controller... I have the plugin, I love this synth (ARP Odissey is my preferred synth ever) but I find stupid to spend 1000 euros for an ASB.
I dont have any live situations...
I only miss the slide interface :roll:
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
ohmstudiste

Post by ohmstudiste »

I bought the Prodyssey new at MusicStore for 560 euros.
Fair price. 900 euros is way overpriced.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I waited for a price drop, but for the ASB's the prices are 500 to 600 USD.

I prefer the Klangboxes actually. I do not need the buttons, knobs, etc. Just the meat and potatoes.

Since they go for 250 to 300 USD, and are discontinued, the time to strike is now.

I spent 825 USD for 3 Klangs.

I now have the powerful sound in hardware, and can do some incredible things in my projects due to the lack of synths.

That will change though w/ SpaceF's Multi-Synth. :wink:
The_Unknown

Post by The_Unknown »

...at least Iam happy with my 3 Klangboxes...not so lucky about the fact, that I preodered all 3 and paid the full price...some days later CW was gone... :evil:
dawman

Post by dawman »

Just snagged a B4000 ASB in mint condition for 360 USD.

It was 400 but I used my redemption coupon for 10%.

I really think these ASB's are great, my mixer and Multi-Synth are way cool together and with 24 voices poly for MS, and 14 Plug in effects going, I am only at 80% DSP usage on a 3 card DAW.......Nice. :wink:

The Klangs and ASB's are just good sense items IMO.

I only need my Solaris ASK now. :lol:
SPOTS

Post by SPOTS »

Wow! 360 USD for a Hammond Clone. That's awesome!
How good is it vs the XK-3 Hammond or VK-7 Roland sound wise?

I'd love to get a Minimax ASB... I'm sure that would be pure fun (until the day I can afford a real Minimoog :P).
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

I could come to pay 1000 euro to find a Prodyssey ASB sold for 500-600 euro!!! :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Sadly many of my fellow synth performers have left me standing during a musical chairs spiel. While they have long gave up the stage for straight gigs, and really miss the live performance factor.

But they all agree about CW's synths and B3 emulations. They went from hardware to an all software rig, and I firmly believe that when one makes a 360 turn like that, you suffer for a while from the inherently weak nature of not having a Rotary cabinet.

Synths are just as noticable if you played a real analog for years.

By keeping a Rorary cabinet, and 1 x hardware analog synth, I retained my meaty B3 sound, and my lead licker.

If I would have made such an abrupt decision, who knows, I might be dealing Black Jack too. :x

The Roland is not a Hammond emulation, but in the right hands it is a fierce performer. I just prefer the sound of the ASB over Voce, Oberheim, Hammond, and Roland hardware. Granted all of these are capable synths for live work if one has a Rotary, if not, be prepared to suck major hind tit, as the Leslie emulations are just so weak in comparison.

ASB's just haven't had time to get around very much in the States.

The synths are just not showing up on ebay yet. Many Klangboxes have surfaced thankfully, and the B4000 ASB just hasn't been heard through a real Rotary cabinet very much, or people would not sell them,

At the end of the day, CW hit a home run with the ASB's and I don't blame them for keeping the prices where they should be so we can continue to have them in business. :wink:
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

SPOTS wrote:Wow! 360 USD for a Hammond Clone. That's awesome!
How good is it vs the XK-3 Hammond or VK-7 Roland sound wise?

I'd love to get a Minimax ASB... I'm sure that would be pure fun (until the day I can afford a real Minimoog :P).
The Creamware ASB B4000 kicks the VK 7 off the field..... I believe it does the same with the xk3.....
The vibrato of the B4000 is selected independently for the U/L manuals unlike the Roland.....
The C1 and C3 have a nice growl.....The only sad thing is you need the computer to access additional tweaks and parameters not accesible from the knobs.....a scroll menu would have been a nice way to address this so you could adjust on stage....these are finer tweaks refering to leslie brake/accelerate times, width/spread, octave channel and split points for manuals etc......but then again you save it to a global patch and it is done.....I reccomend it....
I use mine usually with my 910 leslie, but not always.....
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
Just *ASK* and *INVITE* every-
thing you are after..........
dawman

Post by dawman »

Hope you got a road crew. That's a big FAT BASTARD.

I only saw one model bigger than that but I never saw it on a stage but at a music store when I was a kid.

It was about 6'00" and had 3 spinning baffles, all in view, painted w/ day-glo colors that had 2 x little black lights lighting them up.

Of courde me and my brothers were in awe.

Demo a Pro-3t some time w/ a nice pair of powered cabinets, I think you'll like it. It's no Leslie but w/ some 3rd party dev.'s it gets close. :wink:
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

scope4live wrote:Hope you got a road crew. That's a big FAT BASTARD.

I only saw one model bigger than that but I never saw it on a stage but at a music store when I was a kid.

It was about 6'00" and had 3 spinning baffles, all in view, painted w/ day-glo colors that had 2 x little black lights lighting them up.

Of courde me and my brothers were in awe.

Demo a Pro-3t some time w/ a nice pair of powered cabinets, I think you'll like it. It's no Leslie but w/ some 3rd party dev.'s it gets close. :wink:
I altered my 910 by removing the horn upper from the top cabinet and installing it in the lower box....itis actually quite light without the amplifier....
it is this stuff I need the crew for...

Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Yepp !!

I remember those days, but thankfully I had a crew,

They had to unload a CP88, B3, CS80, etc. all in Anvil cases. But they also were FAT BASTARDS,

Your gear is in excellent shape, warrioirs cannot go to battle poorly dressed. :wink:

Too bad they don't make a good 88 note controller w/ PAT.

Infinite Response has me interested, but 77 keys is as close as they get. I can't unserstand why they can't just add 11 more notes.

My workaround would be to use footswitches and the FP8 w/ the VAX77 so I could trigger keyswitches and still have both hands going.

What are the other boards yoiu got there? I see the Hammond M100 maybe, but don't know the top one.
Last edited by dawman on Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
dawman

Post by dawman »

That is so cute !!

Future warrioirs of hardware 4 sure. :D
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

scope4live wrote:Yepp !!

I remember those days, but thankfully I had a crew,

They had to unload a CP88, B3, CS80, etc. all in Anvil cases. But they also were FAT BASTARDS,

Your gear is in excellent shape, warrioirs cannot go to battle poorly dressed. :wink:

Too bad they don't make a good 88 note controller w/ PAT.

Infinite Response has me interested, but 77 keys is as close as they get. I can't unserstand why they can't just add 11 more notes.

My workaround would be to use footswitches and the FP8 w/ the VAX77 so I could trigger keyswitches and still have both hands going.

What are the other boards yoiu got there? I see the Hammond M100 maybe, but don't know the top one.
the new rhodes mark7 will have PolyAT too in an 88 note version with a fully mechanical Rhodes inside!

http://www.rhodespiano.com/midi.htm[/quote]

that is the AM series only.....right???

61, 73 and 88 keys available in red black and white...
ImageImageImage
Patented highly accurate sensing technology
Unlike conventional keyboard sensing technologies, the method used in the Rhodes continuously keeps tracks of even the slightest movement of every single key. This results in a very accurate capture all nuances of the performance. It is fine tuned in collaboration with experienced pianists and keyboard technicians for getting superior velocity response.

• Class Compliant USB MIDI
No hassle with driver installation, just plug into your Mac or PC, the operating system finds and installs all necessary components and the Rhodes appears as a USB MIDI device. Windows XP, Vista or any Mac OS X is needed for this. USB MIDI communication is bidirectional, meaning you can download and upload patch information.

• MIDI
The good old standard MIDI in, out and thru. MIDI in can be mixed to both MIDI out and USB, while data received from USB can be transmitted to MIDI out - probably the heaviest USB MIDI interface in the world!

• Pitch/Modulation wheel
These controls allow you to send pitch bend and modulation wheel messages to MIDI and USB.

Polyphonic Aftertouch
For many the holy grail of master keyboard capabilities, though very few contemporary keyboards are capable of sensing and transmitting this. Unlike normal Aftertouch, also known as Channel Pressure, Polyphonic Aftertouch transmits pressure for each individual key. With this, timbre modulation of individual notes can be achieved. The Rhodes MIDI senses and sends this with the full resolution MIDI offers. Of course those who don't need it or fear the amount of data could heat up the MIDI cable can switch this feature off.

• Monophonic Aftertouch
This is pressure data for the whole keyboard, the normal aftertouch everybody knows.

• Pedal sensor
The sustain pedal movement is continuously measured, so for those rare sound engines that use half pedaling, it can be used to transmit continuous data. Standard transmission format is of course simple on and off.

• Convenient User Interface
A backlit 2x20 character LCD and a push sensible encoder offer easy access to the master keyboard functions. Here it is possible to store and access patches consisting of split zones, velocity curves, channel settings and more, just everything needed to use it as a convenient master keyboard. In addition, there is a potentiometer to control the volume of external equipment.
[/quote]
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

scope4live wrote:Yepp !!

In the Picture Bottom to top.......
Yamaha CS80.....Roland VK-7.....Alesis Quadrasynth Plus......Korg Radias......
I have made some change outs.....now the Creamware B4000 ASB replaces the VK 7 for Hammond sounds...... and The Prodyssey is subbing in for the Radias(covering my old JX3P patches and my old Arp Axxe stuff)......

In my writing room I use the Korg Radias , Ensoniq SQ80(with polyAT), Yamaha MM6 and Softsynths like the CS80V, AAS String Studio(awesome),and am awaiting the release of the Arturia Origin and Spectrasonics Omnishpere soft synth...
http://www.spectrasonics.net/omnisphere_teaser/

If the Origin lives true to its claims, I may no longer need to lug the CS80 around....I have also considered a Muse Receptor for the AAS String Studio.....
It is an awesome soft synth.....http://s3.amazonaws.com/aas_sound/Journ ... hrenia.mp3
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.