Basic questions

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

alower

Basic questions

Post by alower »

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here. I bought a Minimax Klangbox and am trying to learn the basics of using it.

Right now I am stuck and very frustrated, because I cannot use the Editor software. First of all, I do not have a MIDI interface in my PC (running Vista). As far as I know it should not be a problem, for the editor software should work normally through the USB connection I have available.

Upon trying to learn how to use the software, I apparently deleted the USER and FACTORY banks (although apparently only on the software, not on the klangbox itself). I suspect I should be able to retrieve these banks from the klangbox itself, but whenever I hit the “Download User Bank from Box” button I get a pop-up message telling me to “Specify a target file!”. Does anyone understand the meaning of this pop-up message? Why am I not being capable of uploading the User and Factory banks from the Klangbox? Is it possible to get these banks from some other source?

I also found out that Sonic Core has replaced Creamware. Is the tech support OK? I wonder if my problem could be related to old OS version or something similar: I have software version 2.01 and hardware 1.06.
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

Hi alower. :)

I'm not a Klangbox owner, but I see here that the software is 3.3 now.
Probably someone will answer more specifically than me here too, but mail also the SonicCore support...well, not the best days, but anyway....

Ciao.
gregae

Post by gregae »

alfonso wrote:Hi alower. :)

I'm not a Klangbox owner, but I see here that the software is 3.3 now.
Probably someone will answer more specifically than me here too, but mail also the SonicCore support...well, not the best days, but anyway....

Ciao.
V3.3 is over a year old, but it would be valuable for anyone running an earlier version.

AFAIK, SonicCore has not responded concerning any additional updates.
Shayne White

Re: Basic questions

Post by Shayne White »

alower wrote:
I also found out that Sonic Core has replaced Creamware. Is the tech support OK? I wonder if my problem could be related to old OS version or something similar: I have software version 2.01 and hardware 1.06.
Sonic Core has the same tech support guy that CreamWare had, Ralf Bach. So the support hasn't changed at all. Since he's the only one who does support, it's sometimes hard to get hold of him, but when you do, he's always helpful.

Shayne
Melodious Synth Radio
http://www.melodious-synth.com

Melodious synth music by Binary Sea
http://www.binary-sea.com
alower

Post by alower »

Well, I'm sick with frustration. For the third time I've just lost the patch I was working on bacause I never learned how to save it!!!

Can anyone help me out? I am using a Minimax Klangbox and running Windows Vista. I read the saving instruictions in the User Manual but never understood them. I suppose it is a poor translation from German...

Can anyone please describe the process of saving a patch to me like if I was a 5 year old kid? Imagine you have started by opening a random patch in your Minimax and started to tweak it. Then you transformed it into the *perfect* patch. It is lying in your MiniMax software screen and you want so much to save it. How do you do it? Is there any foolproof way of saving the patch at all?
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

Shayne White wrote:
alower wrote:
Sonic Core has the same tech support guy that CreamWare had, Ralf Bach. So the support hasn't changed at all. Since he's the only one who does support, it's sometimes hard to get hold of him, but when you do, he's always helpful.

Shayne
He isn't the only support at SonnicCore.....There are others .
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
Just *ASK* and *INVITE* every-
thing you are after..........
alower

Post by alower »

Thanks for answering.

How do I contact this guy?

Any other website where I can find other people actually using the MiniMax?
hubird

Post by hubird »

rb [at] soniccore.com :-)
cram1960

Post by cram1960 »

alower wrote:Hi everyone,

This is my first post here. I bought a Minimax Klangbox and am trying to learn the basics of using it.

Right now I am stuck and very frustrated, because I cannot use the Editor software. First of all, I do not have a MIDI interface in my PC (running Vista). As far as I know it should not be a problem, for the editor software should work normally through the USB connection I have available.

Upon trying to learn how to use the software, I apparently deleted the USER and FACTORY banks (although apparently only on the software, not on the klangbox itself). I suspect I should be able to retrieve these banks from the klangbox itself, but whenever I hit the “Download User Bank from Box” button I get a pop-up message telling me to “Specify a target file!”. Does anyone understand the meaning of this pop-up message? Why am I not being capable of uploading the User and Factory banks from the Klangbox? Is it possible to get these banks from some other source?

AFAIK the phrase "specify a target file" is the same as
"what name would you like to give to the file we are saving this data to."

You would select a file name and the data 'should' be saved there.