ASB's are back!

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

redroom1410

ASB's are back!

Post by redroom1410 »

December 2007
ASB Authentic Sound Box
WaveManipulationsFactory is our new distributor for the ASB product line in Germany. The distribution of the ASBs in Germany will be organised exclusively via specialized stores and at retail. If you have questions about the distribution of the ASB-products in your country please refer to our customer service.
See for yourself
http://www.sonic-core.net/en/products/synths.html
redroom1410

Post by redroom1410 »

Check the new prices:

Minimax - 890 EUR
Pro12 - 1090 EUR
B4000 - 1190 EUR
Prodyssey - 1190 EUR

Hm, if memory serves me well, this things were cheaper :-?
I paid less for my Minimax over a 1,5 year ago.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Hhhm.. seems the prices have gone in the wrong direction. However RRP compared to 'street prices' can often be very different.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

Sigh! I was waiting for a price drop of Prodyssey (that is the highest price in the ASB!)
Sigh! :cry:
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
pricklyrobot

Post by pricklyrobot »

Now the question is, have they fixed any of the numerous glitches people have been on here complaining about for the past couple of years?

If so, are they going to pass these fixes along to current owners?

And if not, why not?
redroom1410

Post by redroom1410 »

Wave Manipulations Factory offers System 1200 ASB (Minimax + PRO-12) as well. The price is 1880 EUR (incl. VAT)
http://www.wavemanipulationsfactory.com ... 0_asb.html
What a beauty :)
Attachments
System 1200 ASB (Minimax + PRO-12)
System 1200 ASB (Minimax + PRO-12)
system_1200_asb.gif (54.25 KiB) Viewed 7559 times
Last edited by redroom1410 on Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redroom1410

Post by redroom1410 »

Here's cheaper System 1200 ASB as well as other ASB 's
http://www.audio-electric-shop.de/shop/ ... ts_id=7426
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

pricklyrobot wrote:Now the question is, have they fixed any of the numerous glitches people have been on here complaining about for the past couple of years?

If so, are they going to pass these fixes along to current owners?

And if not, why not?
The fixes they did to the PRO12 where fantastic. i personally would be happy to pay for such fixes or even pay for a support contract as the ASBs are so good. If they ever get the Prodyssey fixed I would be so happy/pleased/estactic. Such sustainable revenue to Soniccore could make a huge difference to providing support.
ulrichte

Post by ulrichte »

Way too pricey for sure...
They would probably sell if they were in thr 500 euros range. I paid mine 575 euros new, I wouldn't have bought it at the real price.
On Ebay you can get ASB for decent money.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Creamware & now Sonic Core have probably Never changed their trade price to retailers (shops) on Any of the hardware... ASBs, Klangboxes & Scope cards... Simply put, when you've seen them cheaper than the RRP it's more than likely just the retailer cutting their profit margins to get more sales & get the gear off their shelves if they're sitting on stock. It's not so bad to see them doing that because you get a good deal as a buyer & at the end of the day the retailers' wedge is too big anyway.. You shouldn't always expect to see them at the cut down prices though, especially if the likes of the ASBs have had a new production run & more cash invested in them by SC. Not sure if that's the case or not, but it's really promising to see the continuation of the line.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I bought a Klangbox Prodyssey for 250 from a forum member, and I absolutely love the way I route it into my hardware mixer. My hardware mixer has the Lexicon Vortex ( Morphing Presets Unit ), the Lexicon Prime Time Model 93, and the EDP.

The Klangbox B4000 goes directly into the Motion-Sound Pro 3t rotary cabinet, but sadly I cannot use Celmo's Stereo EchoRec II. :cry: But it sounds better than it did being routed out of the Scope cards, I am not sure why, other than it has more FAT ?

The Pro-12, and Minimax are great sounding boxes probably, but I found that the Prodyssey has such a different sound. I can't reproduce it's character in ProWave 1.2, or in Solaris 4.1. It responds well to all of my pedals and controllers, and especially the ribbon controller, where I use a tweaked version of the Rich Pad preset to slide up or down to the desired destination.

I only lack a quality spring reverb for the B4000. I am currently searching and reading on pedals ATM. As a last resort a 1U reverb will work, as all of my AUX's in software, and hardware are filled.

I see Soniccore making many ASB's and selling them. :D

I shall help promote them as much as possible.
Last edited by dawman on Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

i could never get excited about the Klangboxes - i think that's why they didn't sell. i mean people like knobs. i would buy the ASBs if they were a bit cheaper though.

anyway i quite liked the spring reverb in the Boss RE-20 - as well as the Space Echo part too. OK it doesn't compare with my real RE-501 but for a pedal it's not bad - maybe you should demo it, or the Boss Fender Deluxe pedal.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I am going for a demo tomorrow, I just got back from the North Pole.

It is cold in Victoriaville, Canada.

Old hippies rock down up there though. Customs held up our soundcheck for 4 hours. Meanwhile Arabs w/ suspicious looking electronics and enlarged turbins wer flagged through as they strip searched our singer. :lol:
Just joshin'. They definately don't trust racks of electronics coming from the USA.

Thanks 4 the tip, I shall begin my latest quest.
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

Mr Arkadin wrote:i could never get excited about the Klangboxes - i think that's why they didn't sell. i mean people like knobs. i would buy the ASBs if they were a bit cheaper though.
I had the Klangbox version of the Prodyssey for about a month. I hated it due to so many options on board and could not get to them so easily. At that time the software editor was less than adequate (so I wrote a Cubase Device Panel to get around that!). I sold it for just over a 100 GBP on ebay and bought an ASB. I am alot happier and have since modded the case/sliders etc to match the original. in a system 1000 stlye with my PRO-12. So many sounds in one console!!!

For me the Klangbox was not right. However I am more than aware that for some people (like Scope4live) the Klangbox is perfect. Horses for Courses etc. So I am not going to diss the Klangbox (apart from front panel midi/patch selection :) ).
andyr1960

Post by andyr1960 »

redroom1410 wrote:Check the new prices:
Prodyssey - 1190 EUR
Yikes!! That's £850.00!!

If the give us a software update to sort out the remaining bugs (Sync+Ring Mod aliasing), I might just get it back out of it's box and start using it again!
bill3107

Post by bill3107 »

I will get a Prodyssey sooner or later too ! Actually prices are what they are and if you compare soncicore's prices to other gear, the initial prices were a bit low (ASB, A16 ultra for example) so I am not amazed by the increase. I am sure they will be available at less than 1000 euros though ... which looks fair to me considering the hardware stuff involved (hey, a Prodyssey has a lot of faders, knobs...).

As for the Klangboxes, I think they can be a very good idea for live (reliable, simple) and for those in lack of DSP. And considering their low price, I would (if I had not bought it yet !) buy a Prodyssey or Pro12 Klangbox for sure instead of the plugin version .... I may buy one of them as soon as I will overload my current DAW : I will then focus my attention on the hungriest plugins (in order to curb my DSP needs) :wink: Sooner or later ... :D

Jo
dawman

Post by dawman »

I love this idea personally, as I can use my controllers I am comfortable with.

And if the hardware has a problem, redundancy in software is easy, if Scope has a software glitch ( doebtful ) or a computer hardware failure the Klangx are up and running. The odds that both these formats don't work are quite slim. If that happens, fuck the gig, take a vacation. :D

I would love to see more ASB's or Klangs.

Perhaps a few Solaris Klangs ??

Dayamn.
King of Snake

Post by King of Snake »

holy crap what the hell happened to the prices!
I can't imagine many people will buy them if retail prices are gonna be like that. Definitely way too expensive esp since they are not multitimbral.

I thought the original retail prices were reasonable, if already a little bit on the high side. Guess we'll have to wait and see what this translates to at retail.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I bought mine used thank God.

eBay had a B4000 for 425 last week and it went up to 625 very quick and was sold for that.

I do hope they sell many of these, and turn around to do other great things.

BTW my B4000 through the hardware spring then to the Barbettas, and the Motion Sound Pro 3t is incredibly realistic, I couldn't be happier.

The Klangbox I bought for 250 of Prodyssey was cheap, but it sounds like a 1000 USD to me.

I have several searches on ebay posted daily, and plan on getting more of these. Using these to save DSP in a 3 card DAW leaves massive power for mixing, effects, and Modular creations.

If they made a Prowave ASB, many developers would be freaking out from fear.

Too bad you can't just send a project full of synths and mixers to Soniccore and have them send you back some klangboxes of everything , even a Modular patch. I have a lovely Moog Modular 100 mono beast.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Cheaper price for MINIMAX can be found there:
http://www.d-mute.com/d-shop/index.php? ... article=37