Sonic Core ASB production

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

pricklyrobot

Post by pricklyrobot »

johnbowen wrote:By the way, while I've been at Sonic Core this week, I've seen Minimaxs and Pro-12s being assembled and tested, so I would say they are still producing them. I don't know the status about any bug fixes or problems, however. Ralf is the only guy handling the forums and support, and I think we all know he's extremely busy. Yes, that's not an excuse for no answer to your requests, but I think they are trying to do as best they can right now.

john b.
Well that's good to hear, thanks. Like I said earlier, I think something as simple as a prominently-placed blurb on the Soniccore website saying something like "Hey everyone, we're working on bug-fixes for the ASB's, don't give up hope" would be enough to allay a lot of the crankiness that's been building around here.

Good luck with the Solaris, and John Bowen Synth Design. One more cool synth company out in the world might be the motivation I need to go find a better job so I can start buying some of this gear. :wink:
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

johnbowen wrote:Yes, I'm hoping this, too!

But to clarify - the Solaris is not a Sonic Core product, exactly...it's to be marketed and sold by me as John Bowen Synth Design (it would be nice to join the Moog and DSI group, for sure!). Whether it's a commercial success or failure, it won't take Sonic Core down the same path as Creamware, because SC have other products to work on as well. (Maybe it takes JB Synth Design down that CW path, but I really hope not!). Besides, you have to define what 'commerical success' means in this case. For Korg, that would be sales of 10,000 units, but for a small company (without needing to pay salaries for hundreds of people, for ex.), it's much less.

By the way, while I've been at Sonic Core this week, I've seen Minimaxs and Pro-12s being assembled and tested, so I would say they are still producing them. I don't know the status about any bug fixes or problems, however. Ralf is the only guy handling the forums and support, and I think we all know he's extremely busy. Yes, that's not an excuse for no answer to your requests, but I think they are trying to do as best they can right now.

john b.
Thanks for all this info, John! I think what some of us have been complaining about is that it would be nice if SonicCore told us this themselves. You can't be their only marketing person... :lol:

Shayne
Melodious Synth Radio
http://www.melodious-synth.com

Melodious synth music by Binary Sea
http://www.binary-sea.com
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

:)
Last edited by slammah2012 on Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
Just *ASK* and *INVITE* every-
thing you are after..........
gregae

Post by gregae »

johnbowen wrote:... I've seen Minimaxs and Pro-12s being assembled and tested, so I would say they are still producing them. I don't know the status about any bug fixes or problems, however. Ralf is the only guy handling the forums and support, and I think we all know he's extremely busy. Yes, that's not an excuse for no answer to your requests, but I think they are trying to do as best they can right now.

john b.
John -
Your particpation here is greatly appreciated, and I'm looking forward to playing around with the Solaris at some point. Congrats and the best of luck to you!

That said, if Ralf is the guy that is supposed to be handling the forums I'd have to say that he's been absent, and being busy simply isn't a satisfactory explanation. We're all very busy, but most of us still manage to find a few minutes to check this forum and others of interest, and even respond (you did!). I honestly fail to understand why Ralf (or someone in a position of authority) can't take a few minutes and address this forum as to the current state of things.

I hope that ASB production will continue and new ASB products will be developed, but the silence on this is deafening. Even if news of future products must be keep 'under wraps' (perfectly understandable), a few words about the direction and intent of SonicCore regarding the ASB line would be most welcome here.
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

gregae wrote:
johnbowen wrote:... I've seen Minimaxs and Pro-12s being assembled and tested, so I would say they are still producing them. I don't know the status about any bug fixes or problems, however. Ralf is the only guy handling the forums and support, and I think we all know he's extremely busy. Yes, that's not an excuse for no answer to your requests, but I think they are trying to do as best they can right now.

john b.
John -
Your particpation here is greatly appreciated, and I'm looking forward to playing around with the Solaris at some point. Congrats and the best of luck to you!

That said, if Ralf is the guy that is supposed to be handling the forums I'd have to say that he's been absent, and being busy simply isn't a satisfactory explanation. We're all very busy, but most of us still manage to find a few minutes to check this forum and others of interest, and even respond (you did!). I honestly fail to understand why Ralf (or someone in a position of authority) can't take a few minutes and address this forum as to the current state of things.

I hope that ASB production will continue and new ASB products will be developed, but the silence on this is deafening. Even if news of future products must be keep 'under wraps' (perfectly understandable), a few words about the direction and intent of SonicCore regarding the ASB line would be most welcome here.
I emailed Holger at SonicCore today....and within 4 Hours heard back.....
we (Sonic Core) "are"still producing and selling ASB.
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

Ahh, but are they still supporting them.? If so when are we going to get the Prodyssey fixed?

No good them just taking money if they are not going to look after the users of stuff previously sold.
gregae

Post by gregae »

slammah2012 wrote:I emailed Holger at SonicCore today....and within 4 Hours heard back.....
Nice, but you had to email them to get a response, and that response added nothing new - John Bowen's post basically stated the same thing.
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

I emailed them many moons ago (several times) and all my emails were ignored. The same with INDSP. Obviously you have access as a sarcy god status where they do not ignore you.
Ralf

Post by Ralf »

Hello,

Most of the people here should know, that normally I’am more present in the PlanetZ - Forum.
Currently I have not the time to check the forum as usual.

@ Slammah2012

- It is your thing how busy you are and you cannot know how busy I’am.
- Everyone here at PlanetZ is always invited to send any kind of request or question
to support / Info / rb . . . @SonicCore.com

For the future . . If you have any questions, so please write directly to us.

Thanks
Ralf

slammah2012 wrote:
gregae wrote:

john b.
John -

Ralf

Post by Ralf »

Hi,

to which adress did you sent your emails.

Please forward the emails you sent again to my adress: rb@soniccore.de

And please notice, that we are not a business partner of INDSP !

cheers
ralf
Le Bone wrote:I emailed them many moons ago (several times) and all my emails were ignored. The same with INDSP. Obviously you have access as a sarcy god status where they do not ignore you.
bill3107

Post by bill3107 »

Yes the rb@soniccore.com email has been working perfectly for me too until now. Although i am always happy to see Ralf's posts here, i am happy to know that he is very busy !!!! :wink:

Jo
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

I finally got my ASB prodyssey.....
What a Fun little piece it is.......
and the sound is pretty real......
I am going to use the inputs to take the Edge off of a Korg Radias (maybe even use both together to thicken things up a little.......
It is nice that the parameters on both control surfaces match up as they should....1 knob to rule them all...... :D
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.