Sonic Core ASB production

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

Shayne White

Sonic Core ASB production

Post by Shayne White »

I don't know if this is old news, but I remember that Creamware stopped production on the Prodyssey ASB soon after release. Well, it seems that all the ASBs are back in stock in stores (AudioMIDI, Musician's Friend, etc.). Klangbox seems to be special order status, though, they might not be making them right now. Don't know about that...

I hope those ASB puppies are still selling. :)

Shayne
Melodious Synth Radio
http://www.melodious-synth.com

Melodious synth music by Binary Sea
http://www.binary-sea.com
ulrichte

Post by ulrichte »

I don't think they are back in store. It's old stock I think.
Shops in europe like Thomann and MusicStore sold them out and they are not available any more.
gregae

Post by gregae »

ulrichte wrote:I don't think they are back in store. It's old stock I think.
Shops in europe like Thomann and MusicStore sold them out and they are not available any more.
You may be right, but the InDSP site would seem to indicate that ASB's are being produced:

http://www.indsp.com/

That said, when you click on the ASB link from this page, it takes you to the old CreamWare ASB site:

http://asb.creamware.de/

Not sure what to make of it. Some current info from InDSP would be very helpful here.
cram1960

Post by cram1960 »

I got one through JRRShop.com (a Pro-12 ASB) a week ago. But they did not have it in stock. It was shipped directly from Creamware, in Germany.

Craig
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

cram1960 wrote:I got one through JRRShop.com (a Pro-12 ASB) a week ago. But they did not have it in stock. It was shipped directly from Creamware, in Germany.

Craig
They are available through Long & McQuades in Canada ....sonicore has an office here in Canada, as well....
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
Just *ASK* and *INVITE* every-
thing you are after..........
gregae

Post by gregae »

slammah2012 wrote: They are available through Long & McQuades in Canada ....sonicore has an office here in Canada, as well....
Since both SonicCore and InDSP show the ASB product on their web sites, it's unclear to me who is actually producing them, if they're being produced at all.

Maybe you could get in touch with SonicCore and ask them.
hubird

Post by hubird »

SC and inDSP should clean up their presentation to the public.
A consumer doesn't like vague stuff.
No news, no clarity in who does or owns what, etc.
Bad it is...
pricklyrobot

Post by pricklyrobot »

hubird wrote:SC and inDSP should clean up their presentation to the public.
A consumer doesn't like vague stuff.
No news, no clarity in who does or owns what, etc.
Bad it is...
Not to mention cleaning up the product itself, fixing some of the numerous bugs that keep the ASB boxes from living up to their potential and being fully usable to all the people who've already bought them. Shouldn't that be the priority, rather than cranking out more 90%-functional products and creating even more only partially-satisfied customers?
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

gregae wrote:
slammah2012 wrote: They are available through Long & McQuades in Canada ....sonicore has an office here in Canada, as well....
Since both SonicCore and InDSP show the ASB product on their web sites, it's unclear to me who is actually producing them, if they're being produced at all.

Maybe you could get in touch with SonicCore and ask them.
Soniccore is the old Creamware develpement team...
They can help you with the ASB....
I know that personally
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
pricklyrobot

Post by pricklyrobot »

slammah2012 wrote:Soniccore is the old Creamware develpement team...
I know that personally
Right, they could help you, if they actually answered answered their support e-mails. :-?
bill3107

Post by bill3107 »

firstly, remember you should use the new emails (rb@soniccore.com for example).

As for the shop stocks, i just suppose Creamware/inDSP produce according to orders. Thomann like many others might avoid stocks depending on the item. Of course i am not sur of that but i remember that the same happened for the scope boards. When stock was zero, then the product was sent from creamware ; of course it takes more time ...
gregae

Post by gregae »

I know that personally
Good information, but I think we'd all like to know if ASB production will continue, and who will support it if it does resume. Right now, the current situation seems as clear as mud.
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

gregae wrote:
I know that personally
Good information, but I think we'd all like to know if ASB production will continue, and who will support it if it does resume. Right now, the current situation seems as clear as mud.
I just ordered a Prodyssey....new in box....
My conversations with Sonicore revealed future standalone Devices, possibly even with a keybed or 2 attached...Not sure if it would carry ASB markings, more of an expansion....
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
gregae

Post by gregae »

slammah2012 wrote: I just ordered a Prodyssey....new in box....
My conversations with Sonicore revealed future standalone Devices, possibly even with a keybed or 2 attached...Not sure if it would carry ASB markings, more of an expansion....
Hope you enjoy your new Prodyssey. I've had one since last December and it still surprises and satisfies me. :)

I wish SonicCore and InDSP would be more forthcoming with information, especially to those of us here who already purchased ASB's and are enthusiastic fans of the product. I have both a Minimax and Prodyssey and would like to know if any OS software bug fixes/improvements are planned, and if the editing software bugs will be fixed and the software made more robust.
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

gregae wrote:
slammah2012 wrote: I just ordered a Prodyssey....new in box....
Hope you enjoy your new Prodyssey. I've had one since last December and it still surprises and satisfies me. :)

I wish SonicCore and InDSP would be more forthcoming with information, especially to those of us here who already purchased ASB's and are enthusiastic fans of the product. I have both a Minimax and Prodyssey and would like to know if any OS software bug fixes/improvements are planned, and if the editing software bugs will be fixed and the software made more robust.
Why don't you contact sonicore with your bug to be fixed, they may whip you up a beta to test out for a few months :wink: just to make sure it functions for the rest of us.....
I am still testing one they wrote for my unit..... :) unfortunately they are written to only work with the assigned ASB unit with the password etc....
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
pricklyrobot

Post by pricklyrobot »

slammah2012 wrote: Why don't you contact sonicore with your bug to be fixed, they may whip you up a beta to test out for a few months :wink: just to make sure it functions for the rest of us.....
I am still testing one they wrote for my unit..... :) unfortunately they are written to only work with the assigned ASB unit with the password etc....
Hey, it's great that you were lucky enough to get the royal treatment from Soniccore, but some of the rest of us have written to them with our problems and had no response at all. So, for our sakes, it'd be nice if they'd at least put up something on their website along the lines of 'Hey all ASB users, don't worry we haven't abandoned this product, we're working on fixes and upgrades. Thanks for your patience.', and maybe offer some kind of general time-frame.

Picking out random people to do beta testing for them and not telling anyone about it might ultimately lead to problems being solved, but in the meantime it doesn't do much to inspire confidence in the customer base at large.
gregae

Post by gregae »

pricklyrobot wrote:
slammah2012 wrote: Why don't you contact sonicore with your bug to be fixed, they may whip you up a beta to test out for a few months :wink: just to make sure it functions for the rest of us.....
Hey, it's great that you were lucky enough to get the royal treatment from Soniccore, but some of the rest of us have written to them with our problems and had no response at all. So, for our sakes, it'd be nice if they'd at least put up something on their website along the lines of 'Hey all ASB users, don't worry we haven't abandoned this product, we're working on fixes and upgrades. Thanks for your patience.', and maybe offer some kind of general time-frame.

Picking out random people to do beta testing for them and not telling anyone about it might ultimately lead to problems being solved, but in the meantime it doesn't do much to inspire confidence in the customer base at large.
Here, here! I whole-heartedly agree!

I haven't emailed SonicCore about any of my issues, but they have already been reported here in great detail by many forum members, including myself. If SonicCore was genuinely interested in addressing these issues, they could easily review the various postings here (it wouldn't take long) and compile a list of concerns about the MiniMax, Pro12, Prodyssey and B4000, figure out what they can and can't fix, and then let us know. I can't think of a better way for them to satisfy and endear their existing customer base, as well as garner new customers.

If they need a beta tester, I'd be happy to volunteer to support their MiniMax and Prodyssey efforts in this regard.
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

Once Solaris is out the door they might be able to turn their attention back to the ASBs, I'm thinking....
pricklyrobot

Post by pricklyrobot »

Shayne White wrote:Once Solaris is out the door they might be able to turn their attention back to the ASBs, I'm thinking....
Assuming the Solaris is a commercial success, and doesn't lead Soniccore down the same path as Creamware.

Awesome as Solaris looks to be, and much as I'd like to have one myself, I'm not sure how it'll fare in a synth world currently dominated by marketing generic workstations to wannabe hip-hop producers.

Although, it seems like Moog and DSI are making enough money these days to stick around, so who knows, maybe there is enough of a market for genuinely interesting gear. Here's hoping.
johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

pricklyrobot wrote:
Shayne White wrote:Once Solaris is out the door they might be able to turn their attention back to the ASBs, I'm thinking....
Assuming the Solaris is a commercial success, and doesn't lead Soniccore down the same path as Creamware.
Awesome as Solaris looks to be, and much as I'd like to have one myself, I'm not sure how it'll fare in a synth world currently dominated by marketing generic workstations to wannabe hip-hop producers. Although, it seems like Moog and DSI are making enough money these days to stick around, so who knows, maybe there is enough of a market for genuinely interesting gear. Here's hoping.
Yes, I'm hoping this, too!

But to clarify - the Solaris is not a Sonic Core product, exactly...it's to be marketed and sold by me as John Bowen Synth Design (it would be nice to join the Moog and DSI group, for sure!). Whether it's a commercial success or failure, it won't take Sonic Core down the same path as Creamware, because SC have other products to work on as well. (Maybe it takes JB Synth Design down that CW path, but I really hope not!). Besides, you have to define what 'commerical success' means in this case. For Korg, that would be sales of 10,000 units, but for a small company (without needing to pay salaries for hundreds of people, for ex.), it's much less.

By the way, while I've been at Sonic Core this week, I've seen Minimaxs and Pro-12s being assembled and tested, so I would say they are still producing them. I don't know the status about any bug fixes or problems, however. Ralf is the only guy handling the forums and support, and I think we all know he's extremely busy. Yes, that's not an excuse for no answer to your requests, but I think they are trying to do as best they can right now.

john b.