pro12 softare keeps crashing

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

autoflavour

pro12 softare keeps crashing

Post by autoflavour »

Hello.
I have looked thru the forum and have already found the other thread with this same problem, however it didnt seem to resolve the issue, nor actually address a key question i have.

I am running 10.4.9 on a macbook pro.

is the current version of the pro-12 osx software universal? does it need to be?

every time i launch the software it tells me there is no midi, although its connected via usb. i go to prefs and in the midi in and out, it says pro12.

although i cant play the keyboard and make sound.

then when i try and upload a bank, it just crashes..

is anyone else using a macbook pro and a pro12 and have managed to get this to work?

help me obiwan..
gregae

Re: pro12 softare keeps crashing

Post by gregae »

autoflavour wrote:Hello.
I have looked thru the forum and have already found the other thread with this same problem, however it didnt seem to resolve the issue, nor actually address a key question i have.

I am running 10.4.9 on a macbook pro.

is the current version of the pro-12 osx software universal? does it need to be?

every time i launch the software it tells me there is no midi, although its connected via usb. i go to prefs and in the midi in and out, it says pro12.

although i cant play the keyboard and make sound.

then when i try and upload a bank, it just crashes..

is anyone else using a macbook pro and a pro12 and have managed to get this to work?

help me obiwan..
As I mentioned in another post here, CreamWare's Mac software isn't very robust and has some bugs. Unfortunately, I don't believe this situation will get better since CreamWare is out of business and SonicCore hasn't said anything about software fixes/improvements.

AFAIK, there is no version of a universal (Mac/Intel) Pro-12 editor. Do you need a universal version? I doubt it - older software should work just fine, it just won't be optimized for speed/performance. That shouldn't be an issue for an editor, so I wouldn't be concerned

Ideas: You might try using the Klangbox version of the Pro-12 software instead (same editor). Also, you might get better results using a MIDI connection instead of the USB connection - just don't try both at the same time (this seems to confuse the ASB).
valis

Post by valis »

I'm willing to bet if you go into core midi and check the information on the driver for the pro12 you'll find it's a powerpc binary, meaning it won't work on a macintel.
andyr1960

Post by andyr1960 »

valis wrote:... you'll find it's a powerpc binary, meaning it won't work on a macintel.

The ASB Editors are not universal binaries, but work fine on Macs with Intel CPU's - I've been running the Prodyssey Editor (PPC) on a Mac Pro (under Rosetta) for the past 6 months without problems (apart from the bugs in the editor itself, ho, hum!).

Try the Pro-12 Klangbox editor and let us know how you get on.

Andy.