Minimax Keyboard splits using an Alesis Micron

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

ref54

Minimax Keyboard splits using an Alesis Micron

Post by ref54 »

Hi there,
I'm using an Alesis Micron to control my Minimax, and I've discovered that it's an ideal controller if you wand to use keyboard splits with an ASB.

In the Micron's Setups (multis), you have 26 parts which are tagged A - Z. A is output on midi channel 1, B on ch2...etc. Part Z being ch 26.

If you set your ASB to channel 1, the Micron's part A (on any setup patch) will be the one that is output to the ASB. If you set part A's note hi = C3 and note low = C4 (or whatever you want) then only that octave will play on the ASB. Remember to set the microns volume for part A to 0. Each Micron multi patch can have different ASB splits.
Now you can set up the Microns other parts to different splits for it's internal sounds.

If your Micron's pichbend wheel or mod (m1) and aftertouch (m2) sliders don't work with the ASB, make sure that they're enabled in part A

It's made my Minimax much more useable in my set-up, cause I use lots and lots of splits.

D.
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

hey, not really minimax related at all, but I just got me a micron, and was wondering what gig bag you use. The closest match I could find besides the one from alesis (which I can't really find) is the gator 2110 bag. But frankly, I don't think either one of these have too small pockets so I was wondering if there were alternatives.
fx1mark

Post by fx1mark »

I don't have a micron, but i have a gator GK2110 for my portable controller keyboard and i think it's a great value for the price.
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

yeah, I went for the gk2110 too. Just wished the side pockets were a little taller. I'm hoping to fit a tiny behringer 802 mixer in there, probably won't fit.
ref54

Post by ref54 »

Hi there,
I don't use a gig bag, I have a custom made flight case which cost about 70 UK pounds.

The case was made a few years before I got the Micron though. It think it was originally made for my Yamaha MFC10 midi foot controller (I think). I've used the case for a few things over the past few years, like 25 note keyboard controllers FX pedals and more recently a Boss RC-50 Loop Station.

I recommend getting a hard case, rather than a gig bag. www.thomann.de is a great place to find flight cases for anything.

Hope this helps,
D.
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

I got my gator 2110 bag, and I'm sort of disappointed.. I mean, here, "fits" is used very liberally.. It "fit" as in working the zippers to close right.. pulling the edges together. Maybe my case is still tough because it's new, but I would never call this a good fit.