ASB - Audio via USB yet ?

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

astroman

Post by astroman »

as Slammah mentioned - ground noise is a voltage difference - and there's current flowing, too... :o
you should not experiment with it at all experiencing 'sensations' like the one you had - even more if you're unclear about the physical background.
In such cases a trained service person is required, but obviously it's too late for the NOAH now.
There is something wrong in your setup, but the wallwart supplied box is unlikely to be the source (unless it's the wallwart itself). But you might plug it in the other way round - this sometimes helps with noise.
Henrik wrote:... Secondly I expected that since Noah had audio over USB then ASB's would too. Of course I can understand that the new DSP's might not be powerfull enough to handle full USB 1 capacity at the same time as emulating Prodyssey but that is just an underdimensioned system then.
well, the DSPs have nothing to do with USB - (afaik) the latter is a handled by a microcontroller and it's a device for control communication in the first place.

cheers, Tom
alex747

Pro 12 and Leopard

Post by alex747 »

I am having troubles with installing the software on OS X 10.5 Anyone has solution to this?
Worked fine on my old mac running 10.4.8 :(
electro

Post by electro »

I was shocked when I found out Creamware ASBs were Analog Out Only too. If they passed digital audio, they would probably be as popular as the UAD-1 by now.

I want to use a Pro12ASB just like a UAD-1, Duende or Powercore plug. No cables, no DAC and total recall with Digital I/O.

There should be a second generation of the ASBs. Even if there is some optional daughter card you have to add it would be worth it.

It could have Audio over USB standard plus a Cardbus option, Firewire option and PCIExpress option.
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

electro wrote:I was shocked when I found out Creamware ASBs were Analog Out Only too. If they passed digital audio, they would probably be as popular as the UAD-1 by now.

I want to use a Pro12ASB just like a UAD-1, Duende or Powercore plug. No cables, no DAC and total recall with Digital I/O.

There should be a second generation of the ASBs. Even if there is some optional daughter card you have to add it would be worth it.

It could have Audio over USB standard plus a Cardbus option, Firewire option and PCIExpress option.
Buy a scope card and the plugin.The asb has total recall aswell.Not many synths have a digital out anyways..a lot of the character comes with the da.If you want all the options you listed..what do you think the asb series will cost then?I cant see the relation to uad aswell..maybe its not what you want? :roll: