Minimax MIDI feedback

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

steveman

Minimax MIDI feedback

Post by steveman »

Had my Mininmax a couple of weeks, just had the MIDI in connected running it from Logic Pro 6. Decided to install the software and connect the MIDI out.
With the MIDI out connected I get MIDI loopback.
Tried using the USB port, and it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. At one point I ceased getting any sound out of it at all.
Went back to just using MIDI and am back where I started.

Finally got the software to talk to it. It shows Version 00000100, was told it had version 2.0, is that right?

Help appreciated
SWAN

Post by SWAN »

Yo Steve-its Steve from the SOS forum....

You need to have the MIDI OUT connected to use the Editor software with it....otherwise a warning window pops up.....however Im hoping someone will be able to shed some light onto this MIDI Loop problem.....as Within Logic I can only use MIDI in like you.....

I wouldnt use the USB to be honest-I guess you are on a PPC Mac but I hear the software is less stable on a Mac and buggy so prob better get this MIDI issue sorted and use a midi interface........theres no difference in functionality......
steveman

Post by steveman »

Thanks Steve. At least I'm not alone.... Trying it with the USB, it kind of works, but there seems to be some spurious control data being sent and there is some latency too. The effects seems to be screwed up too.
I guess loss of MIDI out isn't a killer, just be nice to use it as a 'knobby' controller.
steveman

Post by steveman »

Regarding the MIDI loop

Just posted on SOS :

Just done a test with my Minimax.
DX7 MIDI out -> Minimax -> Mac MIDI In...
Logic sees everything the DX7 is playing, despite not being directly connected.
So, the Minimax echoes on it's MIDI out everything the DX7 sends it, not too clever.
One other thing, the Minimax sends all the current control settings (essentially a patch dump, but not Sysex) everytime you change patch.
Can't see a setting in the remote software that stops this. Time to contact support.
SWAN

Post by SWAN »

Hi Steve - Im updating my progress on the SOS forum - let me know there how you go with Support. I have emailed a 'Ralph' from SonicCore and am awaiting feedback.....

Steve
astroman

Post by astroman »

steveman wrote:...One other thing, the Minimax sends all the current control settings (essentially a patch dump, but not Sysex) everytime you change patch.
Can't see a setting in the remote software that stops this. ...
afaik that's how every devices in SFP is supposed to do it to keep faders and dials in sync with the controllers - the software of those boxes is essentially a stripped down version of SFP

cheers, Tom