Newbie B4000 ASB ...input to leslie problem...

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

slammah2012

Newbie B4000 ASB ...input to leslie problem...

Post by slammah2012 »

I just purchased a Creamware B4000 ASB

dated 03.07.2006

Refering to most of the websites that promote this product, they make a claim that doesnt function on my unit.....

http://asb.creamware.com/index.php?lang ... &product=2
.........Just for kicks, you can also edit the ravages of time. What about using tone wheels that are ten years old? Or fifty years old? Just tweak that knob a bit – that's it. Functions such as percussion, vibrato, or drawbar distortion are implemented, too. But we also added some stuff for those who think that time hasn't stood still since 1955. Velocity sensitivity like with modern synthesizers? Tunable signal envelopes? And if you want to modify the sound of your brand new synthesizeresizer with the Leslie, distortion, and tube drive effects of the B4000, you will welcome the integrated audio input, to bring some fresh new sounds to your existing gear

B3 TM and Hammond TM are registered trademarks of Hammond Suzuki

On my unit, this is what happens...... the signal at the Audio input is controlled by the input volume pot on the B4000, but gets sent directly to the matching output ...left in->Input vol->left
output and again the same with right input through to right output......I bought this not only for the great organ sounds, but so I could retire my Leslie from my live rig....I have 2 other instruments I use the leslie for, and with the claim that the Leslie, distortion, and tube drive effects of the B4000 are applied to the signal at audio input I purchased one immediately...

I have installed the B4000 ASB v1.1 software on my Windows XP and there are no additional controls that appear to enable the input to leslie feature......

Now what should I do????
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
Just *ASK* and *INVITE* every-
thing you are after..........
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

17 views and no comments........Nice :roll:
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
Anna Lüse

Post by Anna Lüse »

That should have been changed in a software update, because this feature is a killer and could sell the instrument in large quantities to progressiv musicians and producers. Remember John Lennon in "Tomorrow never knows" singing thru a Leslie speaker cabinet?
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

That should have been changed in a software update, because this feature is a killer and could sell the instrument in large quantities to progressiv musicians and producers.
So , I guess what I am trying to find out is this.......
is this error exclusive to my unit which is under a week old????, or
does it affect all units in all versions defying all claims??? ,or
Has this been addressed with a firmware update which I need to obtain???
or
Am I the first person to realize this error between Adverts and the real deal???
this killer feature did sell the instrument to me.........now we must address this
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

slammah2012 wrote:
That should have been changed in a software update, because this feature is a killer and could sell the instrument in large quantities to progressiv musicians and producers.
So , I guess what I am trying to find out is this.......
is this error exclusive to my unit which is under a week old????, or
does it affect all units in all versions defying all claims??? ,or
Has this been addressed with a firmware update which I need to obtain???
or
Am I the first person to realize this error between Adverts and the real deal???
this killer feature did sell the instrument to me.........now we must address this
A month goes by.........No contact from Ralf....... Is the man Dead???
am I the last user of asb products???
Is there any accountability to the products beyond distribution???
What is the input and input level on the B4000 for ???
on the creamware site it says it is an ext input to the leslie simulator.....
CMON RALF.............answer me
Just for kicks, you can also edit the ravages of time. What about using tone wheels that are ten years old? Or fifty years old? Just tweak that knob a bit – that's it. Functions such as percussion, vibrato, or drawbar distortion are implemented, too. But we also added some stuff for those who think that time hasn't stood still since 1955. Velocity sensitivity like with modern synthesizers? Tunable signal envelopes? And if you want to modify the sound of your brand new synthesizeresizer with the Leslie, distortion, and tube drive effects of the B4000, you will welcome the integrated audio input, to bring some fresh new sounds to your existing gear
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

You are not the last user of the ASB products. I have two!

However now that the ASB seems to be no longer in Production and it has been along time since any announcement of fixes, new products, new features, I would take it that the INDSP and Soniccore companies consider these retired Products and will do nothing else with them.

We all seem to have been screwed!

However please be aware that Germany has very high Vacation/Holiday allowances compared to the rest of Europe so he may be away. I also found that sometimes emails just did not reach him in the past so often had to follow up with a second email which was then normally answered immediately. He actually is a good guy!
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Also make sure you use the new address rb(at)soniccore.com not the old creamware one (address edited for spam purposes).

Also check ftp://ftp.creamware.de/Software/ASB-Box ... 0/DSP%20OS for the latest software.
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

Le Bone wrote:You are not the last user of the ASB products. I have two!

However now that the ASB seems to be no longer in Production and it has been along time since any announcement of fixes, new products, new features, I would take it that the INDSP and Soniccore companies consider these retired Products and will do nothing else with them.

We all seem to have been screwed!

However please be aware that Germany has very high Vacation/Holiday allowances compared to the rest of Europe so he may be away. I also found that sometimes emails just did not reach him in the past so often had to follow up with a second email which was then normally answered immediately. He actually is a good guy!
He did respond earlier today,,, he says it will be 10 days till he has an answer for me....

Mr Arkadin wrote:Also make sure you use the new address rb(at)soniccore.com not the old creamware one (address edited for spam purposes)...
yes it is rb(@)soniccore.com

Also check ftp://ftp.creamware.de/Software/ASB-Box ... 0/DSP%20OS for the latest software.
that is the "september 2006" version
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

slammah2012 wrote:
Mr Arkadin wrote:
that is the "september 2006" version
Excuse me for trying to help.
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

:lol:
Last edited by slammah2012 on Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Sorry about that i was feeling unloved that day - it says v1.19 i think and you said you had v1.1 so i thought it might be newer. If you have a new unit i would try returning if at all possible and getting a replacement - surely someone else here has tried the audio input? That's the second thing i did on the software version B2003 and i even created a load of presets just for external input.

When you go the the 'Add' page of the controller software (looks like the Scope B2003), do you have a switch called Ext In and a Level knob? Sorry if this is stating the obvious - i think you've been trying using the hardware and i don't know if that's possible - it may need to be activated in the software panel first. Not ideal but if you save a few presets with this on you'll be sorted.
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

Mr Arkadin wrote:Sorry about that i was feeling unloved that day - it says v1.19 i think and you said you had v1.1 so i thought it might be newer. If you have a new unit i would try returning if at all possible and getting a replacement - surely someone else here has tried the audio input? That's the second thing i did on the software version B2003 and i even created a load of presets just for external input.

When you go the the 'Add' page of the controller software (looks like the Scope B2003), do you have a switch called Ext In and a Level knob? Sorry if this is stating the obvious - i think you've been trying using the hardware and i don't know if that's possible - it may need to be activated in the software panel first. Not ideal but if you save a few presets with this on you'll be sorted.
Firstly, do you have the ASB B4000 ...if so , Were you suscessfull at utilizing the Audio inputs as sources for the Leslie/ amp simulator???
If anyone has had suscess , let me know..
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

No i don't own one, and the only other person i can see on the board who has one is pbernosky, maybe try PMing him. i'm just coming at it from the software angle as that's what i know and i was trying to ascertain whether you had tried the software interface or were just using the hardware interface, this would help in diagnosing your problem. However, i see from pbernosky's thread that Anna Luse already said
It was planned to have this feature in a software update.
Perhaps the follow up companies take care.
So it looks like not good news. You could return the unit as not working as specified for a full refund i'm sure, regardless of any small-print disclaimers. In the UK we have what we call statutory rights and these overshadow any small-print bollocks, if it doesn't do what it says on the tin you can get your cash back. Not the ideal solution to your problem though. Maybe email Ralf again at the SonicCore address for a definitive answer as to whether ASB software is ever going to be updated by SonicCore in the near future, otherwise you may never get this feature.
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

I(I intended on owning both the ASB B4000 and the ASB Prodyssey, but I picked the B4000 because its light weight "lightened" my live rig extensively...By 200 lbs.. so I thought until I found out I still needed my Leslie Cabinet because of a Bug...

Laurie Curry

B4000 ASB V1.0
SN :EEG62050C
03.07.2006[/color]
Last edited by slammah2012 on Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
hubird

Post by hubird »

end of september??
forget it, Holger would of course mention that SC is (already) working on it.
I'd count for a year or so, if ever.
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

hubird wrote:end of september??
forget it, .
Support actually replied immediately with the response they would know this Thursday if it was the Software or the Hardware causing the failure in the Unit...
and it sounds like a Quicker fix if it is the Hardware.....
Last edited by slammah2012 on Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

I am not convinced a hardware fix would be quicker. If hardware then all units would have to be sent back for fixing and new chips etc fitted etc!

If software, then fix the software and redistribute the software (after system, regression and UA Testing).

Changing hardware would be pretty major! That is a major benefit of the ASB range where audio paths etc are controlled by software.
Anna Lüse

Post by Anna Lüse »

It's not a hardware fault, it's not a software bug - it's a feature in the software. Mr. R.D. liked this feature and thought it would fit the demands of the Alleinunterhalter.
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

Le Bone wrote:I am not convinced a hardware fix would be quicker. If hardware then all units would have to be sent back for fixing and new chips etc fitted etc!

If software, then fix the software and redistribute the software (after system, regression and UA Testing).

Changing hardware would be pretty major! That is a major benefit of the ASB range where audio paths etc are controlled by software.
Understandably so.... but if it is something as easy as a Jumper or connector, It may not be a difficult fix.....in the Hardware.... Right now it is acting like a parallel connection to the output.....
I guess I am the only user to want this feature to work, so I dont Imagine everyone would be sending theirs for repair all at once....
Last edited by slammah2012 on Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

Anna Lüse wrote:It's not a hardware fault, it's not a software bug - it's a feature in the software. Mr. R.D. liked this feature and thought it would fit the demands of the Alleinunterhalter.
It is a hardware fault if the ASB has hardware Input Jacks , and an input level control, ext input controls in the software editor, and a World of literature and press releases saying "that is what they are used for..."
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.