HELP! New OS will not install to my minimax...

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

k2500x

HELP! New OS will not install to my minimax...

Post by k2500x »

So I installed the OS 2.0 software TWICE. Once via USB. Once via MIDI.
Both times got the message "OS installed sucessful! Please restart OFF/ON the unit."
When progress bar is moving I see no indication on the unit that new software is being installed. No lights are flashing, and the unit is still playable. Is that normal? The editor software otherwise works -normally-. Do I need to upgrade to 1.04 first or something?

I also see NO change in performance after the install. I'm still only getting 6 notes of polyphony. And the factory patches remain the same as before. How do I know what OS is currently installed in my unit for sure? How do I get 12 notes of polyphony? I've download and am using the latest OS file from the creamware FTP site. ftp.creamware.de/Software/ASB-Boxes/MINIMAX/DSP_OS/MINIMAX_ASB_OS_2_00.ldr That file is 307,200 bytes in size.

PLEASE HELP.
Ken
fx1mark

Post by fx1mark »

If you send a signal to the input and overdrive it the overdrive led will light. one of the things fixed in 2.0.
hold down twelve notes one at a time each note will sound and the thirteenth won't. it is twelve voices ,
paologatto

Post by paologatto »

Probably you already have the OS 2.0 but the remote software still shows 1.04 or 1.02. Read this recent topic:
http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... 77d0ab3c5c
I had your same problem..[/url]
k2500x

Post by k2500x »

The overdrive LED always worked. Could it have shipped from the factory with v2.0? Anyway, I'm positive I only get 6 notes. The 7th note always cuts off the first note I played (or I think the highest note). <sigh>
Bluescreen

Post by Bluescreen »

Are you sure that you don't have a midi loop / double note triggering somewhere ?
paologatto

Post by paologatto »

oh well.. now that I tested in deep.. also mine has only 6 notes polyphony!! I tried also with a basic sound with only one oscillator by the way. The minimax is attached only to a midi keyboard.
It's easy to check because after six keys kept pressed, the 7th key turns off a voice and leaving this 7th key the 6th note returns to play.

The overload led lights, but the remote software tells firmware version 102 (even if my unit report a manufacturing date 23/03/2007). Ralph from support tells me too that if the led lights the OS is up to date..

So the minimax IS 6 note polyphony?

In another thread I asked (and none answered me) what firmware version appears in remote software to other users.
Everyone has 00000102?
fx1mark

Post by fx1mark »

the minimax is twelve note polyphony. mine sounds twelve notes at once. the voice allocation is not very good and it does have some issues. if i press twelve notes on my keyboard, twelve notes sound.
If your overdrive led lights up then you are running 2.0. there is no indication anywere on the asb (or klangbox) that tells you what the current o.s. is that you are running. (screwy, I know).
paologatto

Post by paologatto »

fx1mark wrote:the minimax is twelve note polyphony. mine sounds twelve notes at once. the voice allocation is not very good and it does have some issues. if i press twelve notes on my keyboard, twelve notes sound.
If your overdrive led lights up then you are running 2.0. there is no indication anywere on the asb (or klangbox) that tells you what the current o.s. is that you are running. (screwy, I know).
no, in the asb you cannot read the OS version. But I in the remote software do you read 00000102 in version label?
fx1mark

Post by fx1mark »

that's not the O.S. version. do a search here for any questions you have. most of these subjects have been discussed. the overdrive light did not work until 2.0.
paologatto

Post by paologatto »

fx1mark wrote:that's not the O.S. version. do a search here for any questions you have. most of these subjects have been discussed. the overdrive light did not work until 2.0.
yes fx1mark I know about the overdrive led that indicates that the actual OS is 2.0 but the manual (pag 29) says

Hardware Info
Version
Version number of the Firmware
:wink:

so that should be the OS version (but it isn't).
My question (and still none answered me) was what other users read in Version field of remote software.. just to know..
k2500x

Post by k2500x »

Overdrive LED worked from the factory. But I am -positively- getting only 6 notes of polyphony. I have a single midi keyboard hooked to the midi IN on the unit. nothing else.
As I said above I don't even think the OS upgrade was recognised by the minimax because when I use the activation key and send the new OS I can still play it like normal from the virtual keyboard while the "progress bar" is moving. How can that be?
Everyone should turn off their FX and make sure they're hearing 12 notes at the same time because I cut off after 6 for sure. :(
astraeus000

Post by astraeus000 »

I tried the upgrade and my remote software is still reading 00000102. The overdrive led is now working....thats good I think... and my user bank is now filled with new sounds. I checked the poly and Im almost positive that notes are not cutting out after triggering more than 6 voices.....tricky to tell though, even with the efx off. Ya got me paranoid now. Ahh hell with it.....this thing sounds awesome. But Im still having problems with notes locking up when sequnceing midi on my Alesis MMT-8 hardware sequencer. damn.
Anna Lüse

Post by Anna Lüse »

k2500x wrote: But I am -positively- getting only 6 notes of polyphony. (
Any answer from the support regarding your problem?
k2500x

Post by k2500x »

Anna Lüse wrote:Any answer from the support regarding your problem?
Ralf Bach from sonicCore GmbH sent me the following message.
"Hello,

the unit is up to date, if the overload LED is working.

Should I still be able to PLAY the
unit while it is loading a new OS? NO"

-----

He has ignored my follow up reply that I'm still only getting 6 notes of poly. If I press the hold pedal and play one high note and then 6 more low notes the high note always gets cut off. Very easy to hear. Try it yourself.

Ken
Anna Lüse

Post by Anna Lüse »

One of the two DSPs could be damaged.