My Prodyssey isn't quite silent

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

Bluescreen

My Prodyssey isn't quite silent

Post by Bluescreen »

There is an audible "leaking" of the audio engine out of the right audio output if I set volume levels on my mixer quite high. It is not the ordinary background hum or noise but it sounds as if the VCA gain for that channel weren't quite set to zero, means the noise changes pitch if i change the osc pitch and varies if I change other parameters.

Did someone else notice this ?
Is this a general issue or an issue of my unit ?
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

My Roland JX8P has also a noise in background if I raise the gain level of mixer... maybe this is an accurate feature implemented from Creamware programmers for a true Odyssey vintage emulation ;) :lol:

BTW the Prodyssey routing is full of options, check if U have turned off all parameters to the basic setting.
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
hubird

Post by hubird »

background noise that react to pitch changes however is another thing...
andyr1960

Post by andyr1960 »

No, there is a problem... I've noticed this from the day I bought it too!..

Very much like the old "Bee Hive" sound you used to get from cheap string machines - a constant and nagging buzzy, hummy sort of sound!

I'm using the Nord G2 Engine more these days, and the Prodyssey will probably end up on Ebay : (