New ASB product

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

gregae

New ASB product

Post by gregae »

Just learned that CME (distributed by Yamaha) will soon be offering a Sharc-based plug-in board for their UF and VX series controllers that will run the Minimax, Lightwave, and B4000 software (included), turning the controller into a full-fledged instrument.

http://www.cme-pro.com/products-list/product-asx.html

SOS magazine reports that the Pro-12 and Prodyssey software will also be available for the board. Wow!
gregae

Post by gregae »

stardust wrote:Interesting.

see also:
http://www.planetz.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=22052
Guess I missed that thread. Saw a brief bit of news about the CME ASX board in the May 1007 edition of SOS, then found more info on CME's website. Didn't see any mention of it here, so I posted.

BTW - the SOS article says that the ASX board will list for $369 (US), while the Pro-12 and Prodyssey software will be available for $49 (US) each. An amazing deal!
gregae

Post by gregae »

stardust wrote:Yep that is why I think your post is interesting.
SC is making additional money....
What's interesting to me is that I own a UF5 (which I bought to control my Minimax ASB). With the ASX board installed, I should be able to layer my ASB sounds with the ASX Minimax sounds for some neat combinations. Plus, with the Pro-12 software option, I'll have all of the Prophet sounds available (I almost bought a Pro-12 ASB - glad I waited.)

Nothing wrong with SC making a few bucks, IMO. If it helps them to continue development or improve the existing line, then I'm all for it. :)
astroman

Post by astroman »

afaik that's an InDSP product and has nothing to do with SonicCore...

cheers, Tom
(someone correct me, if I'm wrong - I didn't doublecheck)
Wired

lets face it, tho

Post by Wired »

cmon, tho lets face it, ...frank would never get out a product in time, namely the asx, he's putting it out threre, but i bet it will take a year or so
johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

The ASX product is from Frank and inDSP - SonicCore has no involvement with it.

cheers,
john b.
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

stardust wrote:That would mean ASX was the missing announcement for the Musikmesse from InDSP.
Yes, kind of... There was no announcement, but the expansion boards were shown at the CME booth.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

By the way it was already shown with the Icon Virtual range of masterkeyboard at the NAMM 2007...

So one card for 2 target master-keyboards means 2 new products from InDSP ?!?

Or is there anything more to be announced ??? (Maybe the second thing was the takeover of the ASB / Klangbox technology) though it does not seem to spread much more than before last december ...

Bah, we'll see once...

CheerZ