Remote keyboard playing remote software?

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

SPOOKY

Remote keyboard playing remote software?

Post by SPOOKY »

Hello there, Is it possible to use my Oxygen 8 midi keyboard to play when programming sounds with the remote software. Or is it possible to use
the remote software in some way in a seq. progr. like Cubase?
Thanks greatings David
Bluescreen

Post by Bluescreen »

You'd need a midi interface with more than one port or you can try to use midi and USB connection simultaneously.

You can't use the remote software in Cubase like a VSTi, but if you have a midi interface with a multi application capable driver (Steinberg Midex 8 for example), you can use Cubase and the Remote software at a time.

Often I am too lazy to start the sequencer, but use a small freeware program named "Midi Connection Center" instead. It offers several midi routing options and allows to route the data from the midi port of my master keyboard to the midi port of the ASB box.
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

You could write a Cubase Patch Panel which wil allow you to control the ASB/Klangbox from within Cubase (SX3 onwards).

With Cubase SX2.2 and below you do not neccess need the multi application midi device and you can (I could!) use the Creamware software and Cubase at the same time. As Bluescreen mentions I ended up having to purchase a MIDEX 8 for Cubase 4 so that I can use Creamware software and Cubase 4 at the same time for my ASB's. A Cubase device Panel gets around this.
SPOOKY

Thank you all....

Post by SPOOKY »

the MiniMax works fine is SX3, but to use the remotesoftware as a vst in SX3
seems not possible. I have the midex8. How do you make the connections?
Thanks & greatings David
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

To use as if a VSTi (but the hardware still produces the sound), you can create a Cubase Device Panel.

Cubase SX3 and 4 include Device Panel editors. I have created one for the Prodyssey and it works fine. But I do not have a Minimax so not bothered with that one. The Device Panel means you can have everything within Cubase and even have your main controls in the track side bar without opening other windows. Well worth a try.

You can then feed the Device panel on the same MIDI out as the MIDI track within Cubase.

In SX2.2 I used to use USB for the Creamware software for the editing (separate window not conatined within Cubase) and MIDI for the normal MIDI track.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Brotha' Man LeBone,
Any news on the C4 / Klangbox device panels that Andre and you were messing with?
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

Hi my friend Scope4Live,

I created the Prodyssey C4 Device Panel and posted it on this forum but noone provided any feedback so I have not looked at any other devices. My device panel still does not have any presets but I believe it is possible with some tweaking. I have heard nothing from Andre.

I use the Prodyssey Device Panel alot and one day (when my exams are over - July) will create a PRO-12 one. I do not own a Minimax and will probably end up buying a Moog Little Phatty if I decide I want that sound.

Cheers

Tony
Anna Lüse

Post by Anna Lüse »

1. There is not "the" Moog sound.
2. The Minimax is the emulation of the Minimoog it it does this job perfect. Please don't confound the Minimoog with the Voyager, which is also called "Minimoog", but it is a complete diffent instrument. Real bullshiting.
3. The Little Phatty is a nice machine with a strong sound and has nothing to do with ...
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

yes I realise the differences and I really wanted a Moog Voyager (I have no moogs in my collection). But with a 7 month old son and wife off work I can only afford a Phatty. I see the minimoog (and therefore the minimax) limited in control and have always aspired to one day have a moog. Hence the Phatty!

Until I get fixes for the Prodyssey sound am not buying any more Creamware.