Firmware version in remote software

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

paologatto

Firmware version in remote software

Post by paologatto »

Hello,
I purchased a Minimax ASB some days ago. In remote software (vr. 2.3, Windows version) the displayed firmware version is 00000102. I asked and obtained the activation key for the firmware upgrade and I uploaded succesfully the firmware 2.0, but in remote software the displayed version continue to be 00000102. Is this normal? In other words, 00000102 means firmware 2.0?
I'd like to have some feedback from other users..
Thanks.

Regards,
Paolo
SPOOKY

Firmware

Post by SPOOKY »

Hello Paolo, I have the same problem here! I've put the OS2 in the remote software pressed write and put the MIniMax on and off. But when I push the
refresh button nothing is changing (still 102 here) Greatings David
paologatto

Post by paologatto »

Hi David,
yes.. the strange thing is that at the end of OS update the message "succesfully updated etc.." appears and after ON/OFF of the box the user banks are overwritten.. so something has been updated, but not the OS!
BTW, I tried the update in 2 ways: using the USB connection and using a standard MIDI device, with same results..
Some suggestions?

Bye,
Paolo
SPOOKY

About the firmware update...

Post by SPOOKY »

Hello Paolo, I'm sending a @-mail to Ralf from SONICCORE who is from the new company who owns the ASB series now. rb@soniccore.com
Greatings David
SPOOKY

When are you up to date?!

Post by SPOOKY »

This is the answer of Ralf Bach (SONNICCORE) "This is a bug in the firmware!
If the overload-LED is running you're up to date"
Greatings David
paologatto

Post by paologatto »

This is funny! I suspected that the firmware was updated even if the remote software shows 00000102 (read my first message..). Also it was strange that my unit, built just 2 month ago, didn't have the latest firmware. :)
Thank you!
RetroTones

Post by RetroTones »

Hello all! New here and joined up as I have the same OS update problems with my new Minimax ASB. Same messages and everything. My question: How to make that overload LED fire up? I would like to verify one way or the other whether or not the OS is updated.

And to address an issue on another thread. Just run a standard MIDI cable from your keyboard to the ASB while it is also connected to the PC USB. Using an Edirol PCR-300 for the purpose and it's fine to check system response while updating.
paologatto

Post by paologatto »

Hello RetroTones, to check if the overload lights you can load a patch (for example the number 16 of standard presets of the minimax), turn on the feedback button, turn to max value the external input volume and play some notes. The yellow led should light.