Minimax presets

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

ea380190

Minimax presets

Post by ea380190 »

Hi,

Just got a minimax. psyched. I'm trying to write presets to the user bank. The manual leads me to believe that this is possible without using the remote software, is that true?

yeah so i can't save anything. is there some sequence of user-preset-user-store something like that that I might be missing. or is this a bug people encounter?

I have not hooked the thing up to my computer yet, and now i'm kind of scared that i'll do something wrong and be left with no sound. So what's the deal, I need OS 2? and i get that where, exactly?

any input?

thanks
Henrik

Post by Henrik »

Need some more information:

is it the ASB or the Klangbox you got? (to me it sounds like you have got the klangbox)

The ASB got a store button so that you can store a sound that you have made with the controllers.
I do not konw of any midi control message that can help store the current sound to a specific user preset number or even the current.
Usually this would have been implemented using a SYSEX sequence.
It would have been usefull if Creamware had added 2-3 buttons on the klangbox. Like store, user preset, factory preset to easy the use of the box.
ea380190

Post by ea380190 »

hi,

yeah I got the minimax ASB. the store button won't do anything. it will flash when i press it, but if i leave that patch that i made and try to come back to it, it will be the factory preset again and it hasn't stored anything. And i'm doing this while i have a bank selected.

How does it work for yours? you select a bank, you turn the knob to select a patch number you want to write to and then you hit store? something like that?

Im guessing i need to do the update stuff. i'm using it straight out of the box.

Thanks for the reply
Septic

Post by Septic »

Store blinks to indicate you are about to store a sound, with up and down you can select a save pos 0-127..... Press store for 2sec or so and the sound is saved.
ea380190

Post by ea380190 »

!!!

thank you. that was the kind of answer i was looking for. I appreciate it.

ea
Anna Lüse

Post by Anna Lüse »

Do you miss this information in your owner's manual?
ea380190

Post by ea380190 »

yes actually, nothing that i found stated it that simply. i don't think they mention that you need to hold the button down for some time. could be my mistake though.
Anna Lüse

Post by Anna Lüse »

page 21:

Activate the STORE button to safe a preset. The LED starts
blinking. Now choose a preset number either by turning the
Data-Reel or by using the UP/DOWN buttons and then press
STORE again. On this the LED start flickering – please press
STORE button until the LED turns off. The preset is now
stored under the chosen preset number.