DO I HAVE TO BRING MY MINIMAX BACK TO THE SHOP???!!!!!

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

SPOOKY

DO I HAVE TO BRING MY MINIMAX BACK TO THE SHOP???!!!!!

Post by SPOOKY »

Hello There, Yes I'm one of the people who bought a MINIMAX at the Music Store Sale in Köln. My question is: Is there any support and is the Minimax
working afther updating the firmware. At the moment all I can see is a instable synth with a very weak sound not comming in to the direction of for example the Arturia emulation of the Minimoog not to speak about the Minimoog self!
I have 14 day's money back garanty so please some advice???!!!!
Greatings David :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
astroman

Post by astroman »

return it while 'money back' is still valid (or ask for a replacement unit)
electronic gear either fails within the first 2 week or almost lasts forever - looks like option one in your case...
on these highly integrated thingies there isn't much to fix anway imho

cheers, Tom
assumptions are statistic based and may not apply on the specific case ;)
SPOOKY

Thank you.....

Post by SPOOKY »

Thank you for your reply! But is the Minimax realy working and sounding oké after updating the firmware. And what about the 12 voices they say in a ad from the Music Store? In the manual it say's 6 voices?! Greatings David
astroman

Post by astroman »

well, guessing from your original post you seem to know the sound of the Minimoog, which is (usually) a single voice...
your box should sound at least 'reasonable', even with it's original firmware
if it sounds crappy and does a lot of strange things there may be more than just the firmware not working - which is only a guess (I've not heard your box, nor do I have any idea what's precisely inside...)
the number of voices may indeed be related to firmware - I (vaguely) remember the original version was delivered with 6 voices and they later changed it to 12 (maybe it was a conservative guess, maybe different chips or programming...)

noone can tell from hearsay if your box is ok or not, fixable by firmware update or not - but it's supposed to sound like a real Minimoog, not just a little bit 'moogish' ;)
There are more than enough soundexamples on the net that prove this.

cheers, Tom
ali

Re: Thank you.....

Post by ali »

SPOOKY wrote:Thank you for your reply! But is the Minimax realy working and sounding oké after updating the firmware. And what about the 12 voices they say in a ad from the Music Store? In the manual it say's 6 voices?! Greatings David
the manual is wrong.

All minimax ASB are 12 Voices specially if you do a firmware upgrade for the unit.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

if it sounds worse than the arturia version, it must be broken. :D
SPOOKY

Thank you all!!!!

Post by SPOOKY »

For your quick answers but after the firmware update it sounds better then the
Arturia emulation!!!! I think that with the old version some sysexcl. info went into the MINIMAX system and changed the sound, because now it sounds Fatt and
warm. The only thing I still have is that the preset and user button are living there own live! Some times it flips from preset to user automaticly and I have to
shut the MINIMAX off. Is this a common problem?! Is there a firmware reset?
And how do I see the OS in the MINIMAX. Thanks and greatings David.