Has CW released Klangbox Universal Support for Intel Macs?

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

Basic Pitch

Has CW released Klangbox Universal Support for Intel Macs?

Post by Basic Pitch »

Greets all,

Just wondering if creamware has released Universal Binary drivers for these racks. I am interested in picking up a few of these possibly incase I move out from my Pro card.

Since moving to the new Mac Pro things have been a bit difficult so far with regards to drivers and support from all manufacturers.

Cheers!
andyr1960

Re: Has CW released Klangbox Universal Support for Intel Mac

Post by andyr1960 »

Basic Pitch wrote:Greets all,

Just wondering if creamware has released Universal Binary drivers for these racks. I am interested in picking up a few of these possibly incase I move out from my Pro card.

Since moving to the new Mac Pro things have been a bit difficult so far with regards to drivers and support from all manufacturers.

Cheers!
Hi, I've been using the ASB Prodyssey with a Mac Pro with no problems. Although the editor is not UB, it runs fine under Rosetta (except for the fact that there are a *few* problems with the editor which Creamware need to sort out) - The Klangbox is almost identical so I don't think you'll have a problem - The Mac doesn't require specific USB drivers... It will detect the Klangbox/ASB and install it's own drivers : )

I understand your problem with other companies... I'm still waiting for a few more bits (From NI, Arturia and Steinberg) to switch to UB's... Frustrating I know, but the Mac Pro is a beast of a machine and can easily handle anything I throw at it.
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

Hey Andy,

I remember CWA was asking for Intel Mac beta testers for the ASBs a while back...did you ever get involved with that? If they're still working on the software, maybe you could beta test for them. :)

Just a thought....

Shayne
Melodious Synth Radio
http://www.melodious-synth.com

Melodious synth music by Binary Sea
http://www.binary-sea.com