Are Creamware ASBs disappearing from the market?

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

Tiitu

Are Creamware ASBs disappearing from the market?

Post by Tiitu »

According to internet searches, it appears that some if not all Creamware ASB units are getting rare in the market.

Any explanation what has happened?
Anna Lüse

Post by Anna Lüse »

Everything has an end only the sausage has two. Jawoll my treasure it is not you past nevertheless must be sad you are not long ' alone because everything has an end only the sausage has two. My treasure it is past. Yes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJY8PZTgnZ0
DSP ADD!CT

Post by DSP ADD!CT »

damn shame....so asb is going the same road noah went :cry:
a shorter life then the noah even......
Anna Lüse

Post by Anna Lüse »

Krause sagt zu seiner Ruth:
Nicht wahr
mein Schatz
uns geht es gut.
Doch nicht mehr lang'
mein schönes Kind

wenn wir noch lang' zusammen sind.
Denn eines merk' dir
sagt er schlau
und schielt schon nach 'ner ander'n Frau.
Das Neue gibt dem Leben Saft
das Neue bringt die Kraft.

Krause weiß es nicht genau

die Ruth ist doch 'ne Klassefrau.
Er denkt an manche schöne Nacht

er weiß nicht ob er's richtig macht.
Doch seine Ruth ist auch nicht dumm

was Krause jetzt sieht
haut ihn um.
Der neue Mann ist längst schon da

Ruffle says to its Ruth: Not truely my treasure us goes it well. But no longer long ' my beautiful child if we are still long ' together. Because one notice ' you says it smartly and squints already after ' more ner ander'n one woman. The new gives the new to the life juice brings the strength. Ruffle does not know it exactly the Ruth is nevertheless ' ne class woman. It thinks of some beautiful night it white not whether er's makes correct. But its Ruth is not stupid also which ruffle sees now strikes it over. Long already there the new man is
katano

Post by katano »

Hey Annalüse,

Ist das dein Weg die gegenwärtige Situation von creamware zu verarbeiten? :-D

Is this how you arrange yourself with the current situation of creamware? :-D

a bit irony here and there, thats the way it works ;-)

cheers
Roman
Anna Lüse

Post by Anna Lüse »

I'm the transmitter, give information.
You're the antenna, catching vibration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbgvvzVvNSI
Last edited by Anna Lüse on Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
katano

Post by katano »

Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

:cry: If this is true, it is a real shame. the asb concept was neat, the sound great and i onnly have two to keep each other company.
Tiitu

Post by Tiitu »

I agree, and I was buying little by little most of them
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

They're still available at retailers in the U.S.: JrrShop, AudioMidi, Musician's Friend, etc. Didn't CWA just get a new distributor for them? Why would they stop making them when they're doing well?

I don't necessarily believe they're being discontinued.

Shayne
Melodious Synth Radio
http://www.melodious-synth.com

Melodious synth music by Binary Sea
http://www.binary-sea.com
Tiitu

Post by Tiitu »

A better case would be that Creamware is unable to manufacture as much as people are willing to buy, but then they would speak it out and ask us to wait a little.
ali

Post by ali »

wait a little :)

more to be produced in March
Tiitu

Post by Tiitu »

Great! Thanks. :P
Stickman

Post by Stickman »

ali

What is being produced in March, more Minimax's and Pro-12's or a new ASB? Please do tell.
Duncan J. White
hubird

Post by hubird »

secrets, secrets, secrets... :-)
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

I suppose we'll see a new generation of ASBs:

The ASB Pro™

They will not only have MIDI over USB but even Audio!!! Imagine the possibilities! Alsmost as good as the good old Noah was...

:P
Tiitu

Post by Tiitu »

Yamaha mLAN-compatible Firewire interface would be even better! I.e., the same, which is used in Motif XS, S90 ES and 01x studio-in-box. :)
Henrik

Post by Henrik »

Hopefully they will be replaced by Noah2½ or something. Something using the new chipset, low cost 1u rack which is capable of fast switching between all modules. Perhaps a multi-mode-filter, multi-oscillator, all controls and routings possible thingy which can effectively emulate all Minimoog, Prophet5, Vs, Hammond, Arp .... ;-) wow!
I really really really like my Prodyssey, except from the frequency sliders which are kind of stupid. I prefer the Pro12 way (semi-notes for coarse tuning, fine tuning in 1 semi-note). And then I miss the Pro12 wheel modulation routing. If Prodyssey had that it would be capable of EVERYTHING ;-) (mini, P5, Arp)

Guess that the best fit to the "market" would be a 3 sosc Prodyssey with wheel modulation capabilities in parallel with B4000. That would fit most live needs.

Would it be possible for Creamware to make any Klangbox downloadable with any emulation? The hardware should be the same. Then I would buy one even though I got the amazing Noah :-)

Whatever Creamwares next step is I think it will be interesting!
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

Henrik wrote:Hopefully they will be replaced by Noah2½ or something. Something using the new chipset, low cost 1u rack which is capable of fast switching between all modules. Perhaps a multi-mode-filter, multi-oscillator, all controls and routings possible thingy which can effectively emulate all Minimoog, Prophet5, Vs, Hammond, Arp .... ;-) wow!
I really really really like my Prodyssey, except from the frequency sliders which are kind of stupid. I prefer the Pro12 way (semi-notes for coarse tuning, fine tuning in 1 semi-note). And then I miss the Pro12 wheel modulation routing. If Prodyssey had that it would be capable of EVERYTHING ;-) (mini, P5, Arp)

Guess that the best fit to the "market" would be a 3 sosc Prodyssey with wheel modulation capabilities in parallel with B4000. That would fit most live needs.
If you are doing all that - then please let me have multitimbral!
andyr1960

Post by andyr1960 »

Le Bone wrote:
If you are doing all that - then please let me have multitimbral!

I'm sure that if Creamware *really* put their mind to it they could make these ASB's multitimbral... NOW PLEASE!!

It just seems such a waste of processing power creating 12 voices when what I really want is the equivalent of 12 seperate Oddy's : P'''''

Not that it's bad as it is (except the awful aliasing on the Sync/Ringmod combination... Fix please!)