Any new development for ASB platform?

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

Henrik

Any new development for ASB platform?

Post by Henrik »

I was just thinking about what would trigger me to buy new Creamware gear.
Are Creamware doing any new development? Not just repackaging their excisting stuff. (I like the ASB idea 'cause it gives the immediate access all controllers)

I have the amazing Noah. Only thing I miss is the controllers even though BCR2000 works great for Minimoog and Prophet5. I have ordered the Prodyssey from germany on sale else I would not have bought it really. The sliders and other controllers just doesn't work good for me on the BCR2000 and not at all on the PC screen.

What I was looking for would be ASB stuff like:
Elka Synthex. More usable filters and subtle chorus. Now to me this would be a REAL target for Noah's ark ;-) Really close to the Prophet5 but with those additional filters and delicate chorus.
EMS Synthi A or VCS3 Just too expensive in the analogue version. I am sure Creamware could pull this one off much better with their technology and ASB hardware quality. Actually thought about buying the original but its at least 2 time too expensive.

Still fooling abound with the Noah though and looking forward to receive the ASB Prodyssey.
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

You will not be disapointed with Prodyssey ASB, i have it as klangbox and ASB. Stunning,the ASB for that price cannot be ignored.
Tiitu

Post by Tiitu »

Many if not all of the Creamware hardware are more flexible than their successors. I'm quite happy that MInimax, for example, is polyphonic instead of monophonic as it's original counterpart would be. Second, a new instrument is more reliable than old, especially because old analog components used to be quite unreliable and you had to repair the instruments sooner or later. Nowadays, moreover, it may be impossible to find spare parts. This is especially true in case of Curtis CEM chips, like CEM3340 and CEM 3374, and Oberheim Xpander displays.

So, if anybody knows, where I can get the latter two components, please let me know! I'll pay well for those components - 'new' or used - if they only work.

Cheers,
Tiitu.
akva@hotmail.com
Stickman

Post by Stickman »

I'd like to know as well of any new ASB modules planned as I'm hoping for a Prophet VS ASB.
Duncan J. White
slammah2012

ASB Yamaha CS80

Post by slammah2012 »

How about a creamware ASB version of the Yamaha CS80........ :D
with the dual preset function like the original....polyphonic Aftertouch,
Condition button would be a must....and a ribbon
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
Just *ASK* and *INVITE* every-
thing you are after..........