Summing Up

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

Bluescreen

Summing Up

Post by Bluescreen »

I have collected the demo tracks and single sound demos that I made so far using the Minimax ASB on http://www.trippler.net/music/MiniMax_A ... x_asb.html

Not sure however what will happen with the MiniMax soundbank from Summa and me that we have sent to Creamware. Maybe we'll get the permission to publish it on the site too sometime.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

great sounds over there!

I`ve also added some Minimax, Prodyssey sounds on my site...

I recognized that I prefer the sound much more without chorus on all creamware synths.....
they somehow destroy that perfect fantastic dry sound....
my 2 cent :)
Bluescreen

Post by Bluescreen »

hifiboom wrote:I recognized that I prefer the sound much more without chorus on all creamware synths.....
they somehow destroy that perfect fantastic dry sound....
my 2 cent :)
I agree that the dry sound of the MiniMax (I don't know the other ASBs yet) is the most convincing among all the digital emulations and VAs.
And it's positive that in opposite to some other synths the chorus isn't needed to get a good sound.

The chorus can be useful though. In the "Maximising" trackie on my page I used it for example to alternate between a dry centered guitar-like sound and a the same sound more in the background all over the stereo panorama.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

the problem with the chorus in these synths is that it is set by default "depth=max", which sounds slightly ill. And nearly most patches have the chorus at that level.... If you tune the chorus its sounds good.

But raw is always fine two. :)
astroman

Post by astroman »

dry it's where it's at... :D
a faint amount of slow chorus in the return path of a reverb is great, tho

cheers, Tom
Septic

Post by Septic »

Just hook up some Electro Harmonix pedals on it...They kick ass