Prodyssey ASB Niggles...

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

andyr1960

Prodyssey ASB Niggles...

Post by andyr1960 »

OK, I've had this for a week now, I really love this ASB but...

I've started to notice a few more things that niggle the hell out of me:

1. If you change the trigger and (or) hi/low note priority switches with the editor and then save the patch to your ASB - then recall the patch... the trigger/note priority revert back to the defaults i.e. the settings are not being saved with the patch!

2. If you use sync + ring mod, the output aliases and distorts like crazy when you play high notes (Yes, I know ring mod can produce extra high frequency harmonics - but the genuine Oddy has a very clean ring mod, without harsh overtones).

Can anybody verify this for me, or is it just my unit?

I'm sending a copy of this message to Creamware in the hope that they may do something about it in the next OS update - I'll keep my fingers crossed.
gregae

Re: Prodyssey ASB Niggles...

Post by gregae »

andyr1960 wrote:OK, I've had this for a week now, I really love this ASB but...

I've started to notice a few more things that niggle the hell out of me:

1. If you change the trigger and (or) hi/low note priority switches with the editor and then save the patch to your ASB - then recall the patch... the trigger/note priority revert back to the defaults i.e. the settings are not being saved with the patch!

2. If you use sync + ring mod, the output aliases and distorts like crazy when you play high notes (Yes, I know ring mod can produce extra high frequency harmonics - but the genuine Oddy has a very clean ring mod, without harsh overtones).

Can anybody verify this for me, or is it just my unit?
My 'Prody isn't connected up right now, so I can't verify the Editor problem. I know the Editor has some issues, and I mentioned a few of them in this post:

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21279

Seems like you may have found another.

Regarding the aliasing, I've noticed that too, so it's not just your unit. It looks like there's an OS update available on CreamWare's FTP site (at least I think it's an update, but I can't tell. I also can't try it because I'm still waiting for Ralf to send me the activation key. It's been four weeks since I requested it and still no response. But that's another gripe...) :(
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

also can't try it because I'm still waiting for Ralf to send me the activation key. It's been four weeks since I requested it and still no response. But that's another gripe...)
That seems odd - i would email him again. Someone else on this board got their Scope keys a couple of days ago, so he's definitely there doing stuff. Do you have an email address that you can use that isn't a freebie one like hotmail ? Some people have had problems getting the mails spam filtered before they get to CreamWare.
Anna Lüse

Post by Anna Lüse »

gregae wrote:Regarding the aliasing, I've noticed that too, so it's not just your unit. It looks like there's an OS update available on CreamWare's FTP site (at least I think it's an update, but I can't tell. I also can't try it because I'm still waiting for Ralf to send me the activation key. It's been four weeks since I requested it and still no response. But that's another gripe...) :(
Send all data to elektropolis(at)web.de and I will take care.

Dirk Matten
CreamWare Audio GmbH
Marketing & Sales Germany
andyr1960

Post by andyr1960 »

gregae wrote: It looks like there's an OS update available on CreamWare's FTP site :(
DSP Update 2.5 is there - installed it a couple of days after I got the ASB (3 days to get the authorisation code). Ring mod problem not cleared up, I guess Creamware think it's part of the modelling - although I can assure you it's not ; )

I wish they'd also sort out the Editor download zip file for the Mac!!!!

BTW - The Echo Cross/Dual switch problem... See that unmarked switch next to the Pitch aftertouch slider? That's the Cross/Dual switch!! Found it by accident when I was looking at CC numbers in the Midi Monitor, control No. 90, looked it up in the manual, and... surprise, surprise!!!
gregae

Post by gregae »

BTW - The Echo Cross/Dual switch problem... See that unmarked switch next to the Pitch aftertouch slider? That's the Cross/Dual switch!! Found it by accident when I was looking at CC numbers in the Midi Monitor, control No. 90, looked it up in the manual, and... surprise, surprise!!!
The Macintosh Klangbox Editor seems to be the same thing as the Editor that came with the Prodyssey (version 1.0). It works, but not everything works as it should. Even if CreamWare fixes the download zip file, I doubt that it will make a difference, as I think that file is also V1.0.

I never even noticed that unlabled switch on the 'Add' page. Odd that the Cross/Dual switch appears in the Aftertouch section (and unmarked, too). Anyway, I'll have to try it. Maybe Creamware can fix this in their next update (wishful thinking?).

Thanks, Andy!
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

andyr1960 wrote:
gregae wrote: It looks like there's an OS update available on CreamWare's FTP site :(
DSP Update 2.5 is there - installed it a couple of days after I got the ASB (3 days to get the authorisation code). Ring mod problem not cleared up, I guess Creamware think it's part of the modelling - although I can assure you it's not ; )

I will add the switch to the device panel sometime next week.
gregae

Post by gregae »

Le Bone wrote:
andyr1960 wrote:

Hi Le Bone,

I'd noticed a couple of other problems with the Editor that I mentioned here:

Please have a look when you get the chance and see if these can also be corrected with the device panel bug fix.

Looking forward to seeing the update!

Thanks,

Greg
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

gregae wrote:
Le Bone wrote:
andyr1960 wrote: DSP Update 2.5 is there - installed it a couple of days after I got the ASB (3 days to get the authorisation code). Ring mod problem not cleared up, I guess Creamware think it's part of the modelling - although I can assure you it's not ; )

Hi Le Bone,

Please have a look when you get the chance and see if these can also be corrected with the device panel bug fix.

Thanks,

Greg
Hi, i was on about the cubase device panel i have written, not the standard prodyssey editor which i cannot change. i am still awaiting input from others before i put in patches etc into the cubase device panel. so far there have been a few who have downloaded but noone who has offered to help me finish the job.
cheers
Bone
gregae

Post by gregae »

Le Bone wrote:
gregae wrote:
Le Bone wrote: I will add the switch to the device panel sometime next week.
Hi Le Bone,

Thanks,

Greg
Hi, i was on about the cubase device panel i have written, not the standard prodyssey editor which i cannot change. i am still awaiting input from others before i put in patches etc into the cubase device panel. so far there have been a few who have downloaded but noone who has offered to help me finish the job.
cheers
Bone
Wow, I complete misunderstood. Sorry.

Greg