Prodyssey Macintosh Editor issues

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

gregae

Prodyssey Macintosh Editor issues

Post by gregae »

I downloaded the latest Prodyssey Editor for the Macintosh but have been unable to unzip the file (filename: ProdysseyASB2.2.dmg.zip). Tried to unzip on both Mac and PC platforms but got errors on both. Downloaded the file a second time but got the same unzip error. It seems like the file is corrupted.

Has anybody else been successful downloading/unzipping the file?
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

Same thing here...
fx1mark

Post by fx1mark »

I just tried it and it wouldn't unzip on my pc.
Septic

Post by Septic »

is an corrupt file i think.

Too bad Creamware doesnt doublecheck their own files before uploading them.

It has been there (on the creamware FTP en ASB site)for quite a few weeks now.....
gregae

Post by gregae »

Over the weekend, I sent an email to Ralf @ Creamware about this. He probably doesn't have anything to do with it, but his was the only email address I had. I asked if he would please pass the email to the appropriate person(s) to correct the problem.

The Mac Editor that came on the Prodyssey disk (v 1.0) has a few bugs, but these may have aready been corrected in the latest Editor (v 2.2) posted on the Creamware site.

Now if we could just get it to work...
gregae

Post by gregae »

Still no response from Ralf or anyone at CreamWare concerning this issue.

:(
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

the file is lacking aprrox 1.5mb of data (its just a guess, but my theory is that the transfer of this file to the creamware ftp got corrupted, and nobody noticed. except those who really need it ofcourse).
gregae

Post by gregae »

piddi wrote:the file is lacking aprrox 1.5mb of data (its just a guess, but my theory is that the transfer of this file to the creamware ftp got corrupted, and nobody noticed. except those who really need it ofcourse).
Seems like this problem can be solved pretty easily by CreamWare. Assuming the Editor software itself is sound, making and posting a new ZIP file should be a trivial task (5 or 10 minutes?).

Now if we could just get sombody to do it...

:-?
WDW

Post by WDW »

Has anyone received a working copy of the Mac editor v2.2?

Cheers.

WD
Septic

Post by Septic »

It is a damn shame that creamware is so lame to NOT replace the corrupt file with an Working one......
WDW

Post by WDW »

Sadly, not only is the one on the ftp broken, so is the one that shipped on the CD with my Prodyssey. [Same version.]

Cheers.

WD
WDW

Post by WDW »

Likely a silly question, but I might as well ask...

Anyone know if the Klangbox editor will work with Prodyssey ASB?

Cheers.

WD
gregae

Post by gregae »

WDW wrote:Likely a silly question, but I might as well ask...

Anyone know if the Klangbox editor will work with Prodyssey ASB?

Cheers.

WD
The Klangbox Editor seems to work just fine with the Prodyssey. I haven't done anything that you might call 'extensive testing' with it, but I have noticed that it has the same shortcommings as the original Prodyssey editor (Macintosh version) that came with the instrument.

As with Prodyssey KB editor/Prodyssey combo, the Minimax KB editor also seems to work with the Minimax. One thing that I discovered was that banks saved with the Minimax KB editor don't seem to work with the original Minimax editor. The Minimax editor doesn't recognize the files if you try to open them (in fact, the Minimax editor quits). Again, I've not done extensive testing here, but there's definately an issue.

The Minimax and Prodyssey ASBs are pretty nice boxes. The few issues that each has are certainly not showstoppers, and I'd recommend either one to anyone looking for THAT sound. The editor software, on the other hand, isn't as polished or robust as is should be, IMO.
WDW

Post by WDW »

Thanks for the reply.

Hmm. Well, if the Klangbox editor suffers the same shortcomings as the original ASB editor, then there is no real reason to use that rather than the old ASB editor. [My Prodyssey came with two CDs: one with the original software and one with the new (damaged) software.]

I noted another annoyance with the ASB editors. After running the Prodyssey editor, when I ran the Pro-12 editor (for my Pro-12, of course), the app could not find my Pro-12 via USB. I had to set up separate user accounts on my Mac--one for use with the Prodyssey editor and another for use with the Pro-12 editor--so that they would not conflict. For the life of me, I could not find the file that was causing the conflict, else I would simply have deleted it. Not the most elegant or convenient means of dealing with this, but it works.

Cheers.

WD
andyr1960

Post by andyr1960 »

I've just started to re-create the Prodyssey Editor using Reaktor 5 - I know that sounds kind of weird, but I did it for tighter integration into Logic, as the editor is now effectively an AU plug-in, with all the benefits that go with it.

If I get it finished before the end of the week (off on holiday for 3 weeks next Saturday) - and if anybody is interested - I'll put a link up, although you'll need the latest version of Reaktor (5.1.2).

Just the FX page and testing remaining.
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

andyr1960 wrote:I've just started to re-create the Prodyssey Editor using Reaktor 5 - I know that sounds kind of weird, but I did it for tighter integration into Logic, as the editor is now effectively an AU plug-in, with all the benefits that go with it.
Good Idea.

No More weird than when I did the Cubase 4 Device Panel for Prodyssey. Also partially done for better integration with my DAW (Cubase).

I have a Prodyssey ASB and a Prodyssey Klangbox. The editor is the same for both and does not allow me to have a session for both at the same time! I think I am going to ditch the Klangbox (Ebay!).