Prodyssey Oddity?

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

gregae

Prodyssey Oddity?

Post by gregae »

Does anyone find it odd that the Prodyssey (an ARP Odyssey hardware recreation) is actually packaged into a cabinet designed to evoke the appearance of a Minimoog? Back in the day, ARP Odysseys were never built in wooden cabinets, lest they begin to resemble their competitors of the time, Moog Music. Odyssey synths were built in steel chassis with steel side plates, not wood. I recall that ARP avoided anything that made their synths look like a Moog. This was also one of the reasons why ARP used sliders instead of pots - it made the instrument look WAY different from anything Moog was producing.

To preserve a look of authenticity, shouldn't CreamWare have released the Prodyssey without the wood, and used steel or aluminum instead?

- G
cut

Post by cut »

I took off my wooden end caps. I have my Prodyssey on a rack shelf and it slides out on the shelf so I can program sounds. It just fits on the rack shelf without the wooden caps and takes up 3 rack spaces. So the ends are now metal.

Anyway it's all about the sound. Only 128 presets are shipped with the unit and only 256 preset can be saved in the unit at one time. Can we use to forum to share sounds? I'm in the middle of creating a couple dozen sounds and would like to share them when finished and download others that Prodyssey owner create.
Anna Lüse

Post by Anna Lüse »

Presets for the Prodyssey by Axel Jungkunst, Germany:
http://www.elektropolis.de/axel.PDY
gregae

Post by gregae »

cut wrote:Anyway it's all about the sound.
No argument here - it's the sound that counts, not the case. Was just commenting about the design asthetic of the Prodyssey (mine is currently under the Christmas tree - no touchy until Christmas).

Thanks for the extra presets, Anna!

- Greg
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

Anna Lüse wrote:Presets for the Prodyssey by Axel Jungkunst, Germany:
Does anyone has this in Scope OS format? For the Prodyssey plugin? Thanks in advance... :)
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

Glad to see someone posting some presets. Any problems if I copy this url to "ASB Patch Database for all devices?". Swapping some presets would be great.

I agree, the sound is what it is all about and the Prodyssey rocks. I think having the wood panels makes it fit in nicely with the rest of the ASB range. Remember these are new versions of vintage classics and giving them a uniform Creamware identity makes alot of sense, marketting and ergonomically. You get the best of both worlds, whats that, you want jam on it too..........
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

Le Bone wrote:
Glad to see someone posting some presets. Any problems if I copy this url to "ASB Patch Database for all devices?". Swapping some presets would be great.

I agree, the sound is what it is all about and the Prodyssey rocks. I think having the wood panels makes it fit in nicely with the rest of the ASB range. Remember these are new versions of vintage classics and giving them a uniform Creamware identity makes alot of sense, marketting and ergonomically. You get the best of both worlds, whats that, you want jam on it too..........
Could someone repost this sound set???
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
Just *ASK* and *INVITE* every-
thing you are after..........
Anna Lüse

Post by Anna Lüse »

simsalabim
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

Thanks Anna, I have popped this into the Patch Database posting with the others.
Anna Lüse

Post by Anna Lüse »

korrrrekt
pr16

Re: Prodyssey Oddity?

Post by pr16 »

gregae wrote:Does anyone find it odd that the Prodyssey (an ARP Odyssey hardware recreation) is actually packaged into a cabinet designed to evoke the appearance of a Minimoog?
- G
yeah, the ARP /Moog antipathy was massive supposedly - notwithstanding the lawsuits ! there was a rumor last year that alan perlman wanted to restart the old ARP after a few words from him in keyboardmag...now that would be really great. ..
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

ImageImage
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
Just *ASK* and *INVITE* every-
thing you are after..........
hubird

Post by hubird »

life was simple then, if you did want to emphasize a word you just underlined it: hot :-D
gregae

Post by gregae »

slammah2012 wrote:ImageImage
Looks like somebody modified their Oddy...
dawman

Post by dawman »

Thanks Brotha' Man Anna Lüse 4 The Presets,

I hope they work in the Klangs.

I bought 1 4 myself, and 1 4 the girls.

I like the wooden sides on the real ARP. But personally prefer the rack mounted Prods, that way I can use whatever controller I choose.

The B2004 Klangs are rare, but really nice to have.

Using these, and hardware reverbs really help in saving DSP's for custom synths and Modular based projects.

Starke Und Ehre.
SPOTS

Post by SPOTS »

Nothing looks quite like this Odyssey though :D
(on sale on eBay for over 2,500$). :o :o :o
Attachments
f1d5_1.JPG.jpg
f1d5_1.JPG.jpg (18.59 KiB) Viewed 6084 times
e297_1.JPG.jpg
e297_1.JPG.jpg (20.28 KiB) Viewed 6082 times
gregae

Post by gregae »

Those multi-colored lights make it look like a cheap Christmas tree, IMO.

I wonder what was used for the lighted slider caps...
SPOTS

Post by SPOTS »

You may find more info there:
http://www.discretesynthesizers.com/arp ... rp2800.htm
The auction on ebay has exceeded 3,500$ and there is still 1 day to go. :o
hubird

Post by hubird »

would love to have it.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

That just looks silly :lol: