Saving Minimax user presets with glide?

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

reconfig

Saving Minimax user presets with glide?

Post by reconfig »

I've had the minimax for a couple of weeks now. Thanks creamware for this awesome synth like I used to have. I don't kick myself in the ass as much now for selling my minimoog for $300 in 1987. Anyway - I searched this forum for glide issues and apparantely this was not one of them. I tried to save a mono glide setting manually and with the software. :o

P.S. Sample playback really does suck !
HisShadow

Post by HisShadow »

I'm having the same difficulty. The first patch I created with my new minimax uses glide. Patch saves. Glide state doesn't. Glide amount does save. I have to keep manully switching the glide switch off then on again. It won't save as "on" state in memory, There is a preset patch loaded that has glide state "on", so it must be possible right?
johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

This should be fixable - the parameter just has to be registered to the preset list.

-john b.
HisShadow

Post by HisShadow »

johnbowen wrote:This should be fixable - the parameter just has to be registered to the preset list.

-john b.

Is that something I can do? Or do you mean the software has to be fixed?

It's odd that in looking at the preset through the Remote software, the glide setting has been saved to on. When the preset is selected in the software, most of the time glide works- but not always. When selecting the saved preset from the ASB box, it is never on by default.
johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

No, it's not something a user can address - it has to be fixed in the software.

john b.
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

johnbowen wrote:No, it's not something a user can address - it has to be fixed in the software.

john b.
Right, now that not going to happen now is it??? They have taken the money and ran........ Leaving alot of disgruntled ASB/Klangbox users out on a limb who wanted things to be fixed...
Anna Lüse

Post by Anna Lüse »

1. CreamWare Audio GmbH: Nobody will announce insolvency to make money.

2. inDSP: I would have wished more sense of responsibility and welfare service by inDSP. Finally the software was developed there and everyone can expect more than a few insignificant words.
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

I totally agree. However as you seem to imply, if InDSP played their cards right they could look after the existing Customer base and get further revenue by writing "working" software for the ASB/Klangboxes that move these devices forward.

Not even a glimmer of a positive stance from these guys. No passion...More than frustrating...
Anna Lüse

Post by Anna Lüse »

If they want to sell any (!) product in the future, they should take care.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory