Prodyssey ASB Reviews in the UK

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

Le Bone

Prodyssey ASB Reviews in the UK

Post by Le Bone »

Future music last month had a favourable review on the Prodyssey. However they had not researched their subject and thought that the minimax filter was something that Creamware just threw in and therefore not making it truely authentic.

This month Sound On Sound have done a great review on the monster and correctly pointed out that the different models of the original had different filter types including the moog ladder filter on earlier versions. Great review well worth a read and hopefully get Creamware some much needed publicity. However the review pointed out some small faults where midi clocking is not working.

Does anyone know if the Odyssey filter type includes the 12khz bug in the V3 model or has the modelling assumed the fix applied to most machines as an upgrade? Would be nice to know! To be honest do I care? - it still sounds wicked!
cut

Post by cut »

In the SOS review of the Prodyssey, the reviewer said that the sliders are positioned vertically, unlike those of the prototype model that were position horizontally. The photos in the review show the vertical sliders. However, the Prodyssey I purchased in the USA has slider that are in the horizontal position.

What's up? What position are your sliders?
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Also the UK model didn't have a UK wall wart.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

cut wrote:In the SOS review of the Prodyssey, the reviewer said that the sliders are positioned vertically, unlike those of the prototype model that were position horizontally. The photos in the review show the vertical sliders. However, the Prodyssey I purchased in the USA has slider that are in the horizontal position.

What's up? What position are your sliders?
Uh, do you have some pictures about this sliders difference?
On the official site I can see only vertical sliders as the real ones...
Im curious about that.
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
cut

Post by cut »

I'm talking about the slider caps.
Attachments
Caps on my unit
Caps on my unit
Prodyssey_H.jpg (20.95 KiB) Viewed 3907 times
Caps on SOS review unit
Caps on SOS review unit
Prodyssey_Vert.jpg (76.18 KiB) Viewed 3907 times
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

Vertical caps are more close to the original Odyssey. Nice.
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
Summa

Post by Summa »

I've seen caps that can be positioned both ways...
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

ah, bisexual caps!
cut

Post by cut »

This is what Paul Nagle of SOS said about the vertical caps "I think the sliders would have benefited from a white line to mark the centre point, though. " One good thing with the horizontal slider caps, one does not need a center line, the shape of the cap already has a visual center.