Moderators: valis, garyb

steffensen

Post by steffensen »

oh, we have Summa onboard! Image
Summa

Post by Summa »

dawman

Post by dawman »

I love it. I'm glad to see that someone other than I loves that kind of synth low end. I often use my SE-1x for that fat low sustaining bass, while my hands go elsewhere, all live of course.
If any one can remember Gino Vanelli from the mid seventies, his brother Joe was the keyboardist who pushed bass on a Mini Moog. He often used the high cut off rate to sustain parts also, then would jump to an ARP string ensemble, while still playing the Rhodes, then back the cut off rate down to get that slight filter swept bass sound back, all the while still on the Rhodes.
Sorry your demo made me think of the '70's stuff again, while adding great new ideas.

Big Thumbs Up To Ya'll,
Bluescreen

Post by Bluescreen »

catscratch wrote: I see a real minimoog in you studio pics. Did it by chance make its way into any of your demos??

In case that your talking about my bedroom studio: that's an old Moog Prodigy with crackly knobs and without midi.

It sounds good, but I rarely use it because in all those years of sequencing and quantizing my playing abilities and timing have become rather bad. In addition, I tend to go crazy when I have to play with low note priority like on the Prodigy.

At the moment I can present only some lame Prodigy bass fiddling:

http://www.trippler.net/files/mp3/prodigy.mp3