Creamware Klangbox

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

Anna Lüse

Post by Anna Lüse »

ASB KLANGBOX
made in Germany

After releasing the ASB Desktop-Instruments Minimax, Pro-12, B4000 and Prodyssey CreamWare now releases these fine units as 19”-Rackmount units at unbelievable rate.
The core of every 19”-unit is the proven ASB Audio-Engine – remote controllable via MIDI- and USB – with sterophonic Ins- and Outs and effects processor for contemporary stereo effects such as Delay, Chorus and Flanger. The Editor-Software (PC and Mac) provides access to all parameters of the sound modelling and also serves as organizer tool for the 128 factory and 128 user-sounds.

All instruments of the KLANGBOX Series can immediately be played with every MIDI-Keyboard. Sound changes can be handled via the MIDI-Controllers of your keyboard, by external MIDI-controller boxes as well as with the Editor-Software. You can change existing sounds or even create your own sounds at a glimpse. Recording the MIDI-controller-data is simple with every Sequencer Software available. KLANG is the German word for a beautiful sound and that's what the KLANGBOX is all about – finest sounds for the best music.

Why to buy models of the KLANGBOX series
· most authentic modelling of the Synthesizer-Classis Minimoog, Prophet-5, Odyssey and the electro-magnetic Organ B3
· finest sound quality, high Polyphony
· exactly defined data
· no CPU-load

Where to use the KLANGBOX
· Live and in the Studio, simply play it via your MIDI-Keyboard, immediate sound control by Program-Change commands
· Spontaneous access to the KLANG via controllers of your keyboard
· Intense and creative “Sounddesign” via MIDI-Controllerboxes i.e. in Live-Situation within a Club
· Comprehensive sounddesign and sound exploitation via grafical Remote-Software Editor
· Recording in Sequencer software possible for complex sound characteristics for songs and Live-Situation
· Expansion for existing ASB-Instruments – just control the KLANGBOX via the front panel of the ASB Desktop-Unit

MINIMAX ASB KLANGBOX
Synthesizer-Legend DSP-based, 12-voices Minimoog Emulation, stereo In and Outs, MIDI in/out/thru, USB for MIDI data, contemporary Stereo effects (Delay, Chorus, Flanger), 19”-Rackmout unit, 1 RU, Editor-Software for PC and Mac

PRO-12 ASB KLANGBOX
Synthesizer-Legend DSP-based, 12-voices Prophet-5 Emulation, stereo In and Outs, MIDI in/out/thru, USB for MIDI data, contemporary Stereo effects (Delay, Chorus, Flanger), 19”-Rackmout unit, 1 RU, Editor-Software for PC and Mac

PRODYSSEY ASB KLANGBOX
Synthesizer-Legend DSP-based, 12-voices Odyssey Emulation, switchable ARP/Moog Filter, stereo In and Outs, MIDI in/out/thru, USB for MIDI data, contemporary Stereo effects (Delay, Chorus, Flanger), 19”-Rackmout unit, 1 RU, Editor-Software for PC and Mac

B4000 ASB KLANGBOX
Tonewheel-Organ-Legend DSP-Based, fully polyphonic Hammond B3 Emulation, authentic built-in Leslie-sound, stereo In and Outs, MIDI in/out/thru, USB for MIDI data, contemporary Stereo effects (Delay, Chorus, Flanger), 19”-Rackmout unit, 1 RU, Editor-Software for PC and Mac
Septic

Post by Septic »

I and many friends i know cannot understand why creamware makes this marketing mistake by putting one model in a box.

There should be a switch to select each of the ASBs. Or in a way that Roland's VSynth can boot in Vsynth, D50 and Vocoder (VP1) setup....

Those plugs are a few years old now, and creamware must have earned their R&D on it by now....

This is the same weird policy like there was/is on the scope platform.
(which I used for many years in a 3 card cascade system)

Why not putting all 3 ASB in one klangbox and put the price at 500 euro. I know of 5 people already who would buy that box. They are not going to buy the one model klangbox.

Too bad, they will not generate high sales with this strategy...

BTW. I am very happy with my Minimax, Pro12 and Proddysey ASB.....especially with the new firmware for the Pro12 which does notestealing and portamento in a much better way.

Take care.
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

On 2006-09-26 14:04, Septic wrote:

Why not putting all 3 ASB in one klangbox and put the price at 500 euro. I know of 5 people already who would buy that box. They are not going to buy the one model klangbox.

I guess all 5 of them owns a Noah? And since uve been a member here since 01, you should know better :grin:
Anna Lüse

Post by Anna Lüse »

Hello Septic,

thank you very much for your input and I will take the chance here to give my ideas to this complex.

A user-reloadable Klangbox would be a complete different machine, has to be developed and will be more expensive.
Selling software is still a main business of Creamware, actual synthesizer plug-ins can't be given away for free and the Klangbox hardware is not so profitable that it could include Minimax, Pro-12, Prodyssey and B4000.
The national and international response to the Klangbox is overwhelming, because the instruments and their price fit the demand of the market perfectly, so that we are looking into a very optimistic future.
You can be sure that we always have "our hand on the pulse of time" and you can expect a lot of exciting products from Creamware in the future. So stay tuned.

Best wishes

Dirk Matten
CreamWare Audio, Germany
Marketing & Sales

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anna Lüse on 2006-09-26 23:14 ]</font>
Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

I can only say that I feel privileged to own a fully loaded NOAH EX, bougth new for less than 1000 EURO...
astroman

Post by astroman »

I wouldn't call it a priviledge to take advantage of a process that broke CW's financial neck :wink:

It's not your fault that NOAH failed to reach it's target group, but those sellout prices were beyond any economic reason...

NOAH is a good example what the don't buy it now - in 6 month they'll have a special approach will do for a relatively small company...
no offence and enjoy your box - I justed wanted to mention that a quality product deserves it's price

cheers, Tom
Septic

Post by Septic »

And this will happen again when putting only one model in a box.

They will sell (maybe a lot) of the one model boxes, but when all models are in the klangbox, I suppose the sales will be mutiple.....

Evveryone I spoke about this issue cannot believe there will be only one model included. But if Creamware wants to continue in this strategy, fine by me, I aint got Creamware shares at the stockmarket so......

I guess that at a pricetag of 750 euro and 4 models will be a killer
astroman

Post by astroman »

the original NOAH price was competive regarding quality and content and it still didn't score on market.
it doesn't work this way

either a price fits, say 444 Euro MSR resulting in a street price around 360, which is identical to a high end plugin - or you cannot sell it at all.

price/quality relation is a minor concern (in large scale today)

people will buy a sh*tty unit (whatever it may be) for 1k Euro, if it was reduced from 3k MSR
they definetely will not go for the superior equivalent that's sold for the same 1k MSR, but with nothing off.

I have a book from the 50s, when TV ads were a brand new thing - if you want I'll quote a few of the 'absolutely no-go's and you compare them to reality - you'll have a good laugh :razz:

cheers, Tom
Anna Lüse

Post by Anna Lüse »

Hello Astroman,

the retail price in Europe is € 499. I have seen the Klangbox in some online-shops for a streetprice of € 444.

Best wishes

Tante Anna
bill3107

Post by bill3107 »

i totally desagree with you septic (with such a user name you should go to the DAS trhead... :wink:). Price really matters. And for the gigs many peopole will appreciate to get a HARDWARE emulation of mythic synth, which does not depend on a computer. I really love the flexibility of my creamware cards, but many people will find that the Klangboxes offer (for the price of 1,5 vsti) reliability and excellent sound.

I must admit that for the B4000 - as i am rock oriented - i will go for the ASB model whereas for the other synths, i will definitly rather go for a Klangbox, cheaper. Of course, electronic oriented people will appreciate to have knobs for minimax, Prodyssey...

If you have a good keybord with knobs/controllers, then Klangbox gives you THE sound at a low cost.

Furthermore, as you are talking about marketing, we must accept that our desires and needs do not meet the market demand...And taking advantage of the RandD developpement for ASB is also a good idea.

JUST one message for the MARKETING staff : please, just put on the KLANGS the beautiful stickers used for the ASB... darker, they look more "pro" (Just the feeling of the majority i think :wink:). YOu could just write klangbox with small letters to say that's a kind of Light Edition. Just a point of view of course...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bill3107 on 2006-09-27 02:46 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bill3107 on 2006-09-27 02:47 ]</font>
Anna Lüse

Post by Anna Lüse »

read and registered
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

I just wish the Klangbox had better colors, but otherwise it's a steal for those who don't have Scope or wish to expand their existing ASB collection.

My only question is this: if you had the Pro-12 ASB, and you bought the Pro-12 Klangbox and controlled it with the ASB knobs, wouldn't it affect both the ASB sound and the Klangbox sound? You should add a way for the ASB knobs to switch between controlling the internal sound and simply sending out MIDI data.

Just a thought...

Shayne
Melodious Synth Radio
http://www.melodious-synth.com

Melodious synth music by Binary Sea
http://www.binary-sea.com
Anna Lüse

Post by Anna Lüse »

local on/off
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

Nice!

I am getting more convinced by this box it as we go along in this forum.

OK, so I use my PRO12 in Local OFF mode which means my control knobs leave my PRO12 alone and edit a Prodessey Klangbox. Nice one, glad to see you have already have that function on the front of the ASB.

What would be good, is a template overlay I can place over my PRO12 ASB that has the visual controls for the Prodessey etc.

So basically visually renaming all the controls on the PRO-12 so that I can now see that modulation filter (for example) is now perhaps S/H for the Prodessey Klangbox. I am sure you could add these mappings to match the templates in your klangbox remote software. Adding functionality so that the user can match the ASB control to the Klangbox control would be nice but not essential if we had these printed overlays (I would print to vinyl as my printer can do this and less scratty than paper).

This would be rather neat. I understand you are already shipping the Klangboxes so these Templates could mocked up by someone (either from this forum or Creamware/Elektropolis) and placed on the Creamware website. People can then download and print these off.

So you would need Kangbox templates (PDF would be fine) for each of the ASB devices. Of course you do not need one for the direct ASB/klangbox derivative!

Therefore minimal cost but maximum benefit.

Now if only there was a way to get that descrete sticker someone suggesed for the Klangbox... :wink:

Also a touch of cross product marketting/support that may make some peple consider buying 3 Klangboxes and an ASB or the Klangboxes as being Add-ons/upgrades to the ASB.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Le Bone on 2006-09-28 01:50 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Le Bone on 2006-09-28 02:00 ]</font>
bill3107

Post by bill3107 »

While there are few pictures available on the net, there is no official picture on http://www.creamware.com . Hence, i suppose that both sticker and name can change until the official release... At least it annouces those new racks... whenthe price a of a plugin is close to that of a hardware version, damn, the choice is easy. I definitly will get an ASB for the knobs, but as i do not have Prodyssey, i won't spend 100 or 200 € for a soft version while the hardware is just twice the price. Furthermore this option will curb my dsp usage (just to let more power for my P100...). Just my opinion...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bill3107 on 2006-09-28 07:28 ]</font>
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

Its seems that this is not just an announcement but the boxes are up for sale, so a bit late for the changing of the sticker etc.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/creamware_prod ... angbox.htm

Seems a good price at 300 GBP.

I for one think my PRO12 is great and if I can also use this as a control surface for a klangbox with a paper overlay on my ASB for controller Mapping, I will be a happy man/beast etc.

I would rather use hardware DSP rather than the PC as my 2 year old 3 ghz PC with 2 gig RAM still grinds to a halt with some VST's running. I feel that with a piece of hardware in my hand I have something tangible and therefore it must be worth more than computer code - Old fashioned I know (I have been a fulltime computer programer for 20 years so should know better).

I am still looking for the best price on the klangbox and looking at ordering this week.
bill3107

Post by bill3107 »

429 euros at Thomann... great price indeed... furthermore they are very reliable as jrrshop (i had bought a creamware soundcard at a very good price few years ago ; i suppose they will sell Kalngboxes too).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bill3107 on 2006-09-28 23:42 ]</font>
Anna Lüse

Post by Anna Lüse »

Must be a mistake - look here: http://www.thomann.de/de/search_dir.html?sw=klangbox
It's the same item.
wayne

Post by wayne »

It's cheaper in the English language - http://www.thomann.de/gb/search_dir.htm ... ox&x=0&y=0
Anna Lüse

Post by Anna Lüse »

Must be a mistake. Support your local dealer.