Estimated date for ASB boxes hitting UK retailers.

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Silly question with no answer it would seem.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shroomz on 2005-11-17 10:04 ]</font>
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shroomz on 2005-11-17 10:03 ]</font>
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shroomz on 2005-11-17 10:02 ]</font>
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shroomz on 2005-11-17 10:02 ]</font>
garyb

Post by garyb »

to have a real release date assumes it is ready, in which case a small company like cwa has already released it. small companies can't afford to hold on to a finished product for months and then release it at the most opportune time(see noah....). no, they've likely tied up important working capital, or worse borrowed money, and they need to get it out. delays mean a better product, not foot dragging. :grin: it's really hard to predict when software will be final...i doubt anyone CAN give you a date until it's done, at which time i'm sure it'll be released almost immediately. i have to think that the packaging and literature is done or 99% there(although the name WAS changed pretty recently). i would think the hardware is finished. it will take a day or two to flash all of the initial shipment's roms...

soon. there are sound samples on the cwa site.
ali

Post by ali »

Hopefully the first shipment out of Germany will be in couple of weeks. (early Dec more like it).

The units are being built and software is going through some more tests.

Manual will be translated from German in the next few days.

Like Gary said. Once CWA can ship one working unit it will be for sale. there is no catch.

At the present time CreamWare is taking pre-orders from its dealers and distributors to see how many hours of labour the team in Germany will put daily during the holiday season. Don't be surpised if they work thru X-mas or new Year.

So those interested in buying the Pro 12 are highly recommanded to contact their dealer/Distributor and reserve their boxes.
If dealers take their time to put an order of course there will be delay as the first few shipments are on a first come base.

For the next couple of months ALL units to be shipped out of HQ are sold so make sure your name is on ONE.

cheers

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ali@creamware.com on 2005-11-17 10:37 ]</font>
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Thanks for your response Ali, but many people will want to demo the units before putting their name on one. I'm one of those people, so until i can walk into a shop & demo it properly with my headphones, i won't be ordering a thing. I need to hear what the machine is really like. Those demos on CWaudio.de are bloody awfull as well Ali. You really need to sort better demos out if you want to generate copious amounts of pre-orders.
ali

Post by ali »

The unit must be heard to be appreciated. All dealers must have a floor demo unit if they are serious about selling these boxes.That much I know.

However we have some users who already own the Device for their Scope card and they know what to expect from the Pro 12 box & Creamware.

CWA still in the process of refinning the unit. After its release. You may email them and request they put better demo files on the site. But the fact is MP3 files are never satisfying.

Wave is much better but its size dictate the number of Wave files can be put on the site.

cheers

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ali@creamware.com on 2005-11-18 10:57 ]</font>
nprime

Post by nprime »

Ali, the quality of the mp3 isn't really the issue to me. It's what they chose to use for demo sounds in general.

The minute there is a Pro 12 at the Granville St. Long & Mcquade in Vancouver I will be there to demo it.

Personally, I will be particularly picky about any "stepping" effects on the filters and PolyMod implementation.

R