PlanetZ@scopeusers.com

Scope Users Community
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Noah remote software Version 1.0 versus 1.1 software issues
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:21 am
Posts: 3
Hi!

Good to see that there are still some Noah users out there ;-)
I was not sure if I should open a new topic or repley to an open topic - I decided to open a new one because my issue was not discussed yet-

I'm trying to install the remote software for my Noah ex on a new PC. I found the software 1.1 on the ftp server of Sonicore.
The software seems to have some bugs as some of the slots in the software are empty or some of the devices can not be selected. I tried this serveral times and googled a lot ... It seems to be a known issue with 1.1.

The recommendation is to use 1.0 (from the orignial CD) or copy an 1.0 installation over an 1.1 installation...

Can anybody help me out with the 1.0 version? (or any other version the is running without these problems?). I already formated the harddisk of my former PC where the Noah ran without any limitation. So there is no chance to get it from the old installation.

Thanks a lot!!
Neosay


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Noah remote software Version 1.0 versus 1.1 software iss
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:36 am
Posts: 10
Which devices are not accessible in the remote software? Bundled devices or devices downloaded separately (EDSi8, Pophet5, Prodyssey, Vectron)?

The issue you are experiencing is most likely due to an uncomplete synchronisation between the software and the hardware unit. It is not an issue with version 1.1. It may seem complicated, but make sure all devices are installed either cumulatively through full install of the remote software, or install the devices individually (look for the .oxe files). Then, make sure all devices are synchronised with the Noah unit. There is an option in the remote software which allows you to synchronise.

I struggled with this myself a few weeks ago when I made a complete reinstall, but I eventually solved it.

I would recommend staying with v 1.1 as this features ASIO driver and other bug fixes.

okvinge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Noah remote software Version 1.0 versus 1.1 software iss
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:21 am
Posts: 3
Thanks for the advice - will do so and come back...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Noah remote software Version 1.0 versus 1.1 software iss
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:21 am
Posts: 3
Okay, it took a while to test everything systematically to figure out what could be wrong....

I tested the software 1.1 with my Noah Ex (has all plugins) and two different PCs. (1) XP SP3 native and (2) Virt XP SP3 on Win7. I tried various installation media, installation path etc.

First the issue: I installed the 1.1 on XP and after the installation I observed the same issue described elsewhere in the web:
The slot for the AuxFX is empty and for the devices you find dobble entries for Pro One and Vectron Player. This situation does not change even after installing the oxe files and running synchronization. The advice I found was do use 1.0. This was the reason why I opened this subject...

So for example after installing the oxe for the Pro One, you get a Subentry for the Pro One from the initial installation and one entry on the first level from the oxe. Both are not functional and does no load the surface for remote control. Modification of the file structure (deletion) in the Noah directory where also not fixing this issue. At least not by simply deleting a device.

I found out that this issue is linked to different versions (sources) for the 1.1. I have one 1.1 software that produces the described issue and another one where the installation is fine. The synchronization is done automatically after installing the oxe. With this version you get all PlugIns and also the AuxFX entry. All devices are functional...

The version you currently find on the Sonic Core FTP site is the one that produces the described issue. I forget where I downloaded the other version of 1.1. but I think it was at least five years ago...
Hope this could help also other users...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Donate to help support this community


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group