noah help-no sound.

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

musictech

noah help-no sound.

Post by musictech »

hi...few months ago i tried to do a firmware update in my noah ex.i did it but after that all the instruments had to be registered.i asked from sonic core the keys and few days ago i received a file. ( an xxxxxx.rgy file ).(is it normal that i received only..1 file??)
i connected the noah to my pc and i opened the software.i imported the rgy file and with no more actions all the instruments now seem to be
unlocked.The problem is i cannot hear any sound from noah.i tried with several instruments.
is it a software problem??is it registration-unlock problem??what should i do?? by the way..how can i do a hard reset-factory reset to the noah??thanks...
garyb

Re: noah help-no sound.

Post by garyb »

do a firmware update to do a hard reset.
are you sure that something is not turned down?
are you sure you have midi?

yes, it should just be one .rgy file.
musictech

Post by musictech »

iam sure i have midi because i see the midi indicator flashing..
what could be turned...down??do you mean the volume?i checked it.
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes, there's the master volume, but each synth has it's own volume. use the software and check the mixer too.
DA_Maz

Post by DA_Maz »

I have the same problem.

My Noah displayed "loading performance.... failed" errors when starting the synth.

Then I used Flashbox to rewrite the internal OS. The Noah synth starts now normally.

I applied the *.rgy key I got sent from sonic-core support and can now start each plugin normally (without registration-prompt).

When I send MIDI to my NOAH synth the MIDI light flashes but no sound is produced. The Mixer in the remote-software acts as if no MIDI is sent, i moved every fader down and back up just like the volume knob in the plugin itself, without success. I even tried out the phones jack, but even there no sound comes out.

I found out that the MIDI light flashes regardless of the settings for input source/channels and so on. Is there any setting I may have missed in the remote software or even on the rack? The firmware-rewrite did put everything back to 0 after all. I'm asking this, because the flashing MIDI light seems to only show that there is some MIDI sent to NOAH, but not that these signals will actually be interpreted and have any effects.

I hope someone can help me
thx for your time
regards
DA_Maz

EDIT: Problem solved. This thread helped tremendously http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=27380

long story short: ONLY use FlashBox in MINI OS MODE (you have to power up NOAH by holding down "power" and "utility" at the same time)

When I didn't use this mode NOAH couldn't produce sounds anymore