backing up keys without contacting Ralf etc. ?

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

garyb

Re: backing up keys without contacting Ralf etc. ?

Post by garyb »

did you follow the procedure on the readme to the letter?
3dcandy

Post by 3dcandy »

I did...more investigation needed!
Eanna

Post by Eanna »

Hi, I too suffered the ugly fate of a flaked-out Noah tonight. It started to misbehave - couldn't send Midi to any slot other than Slot 1, then loading Prodyssey would reliably crash the Noah.

Using the rgy file I got with my Noah and the Flash Tool off ftp://sonic-core.net, I managed to install the base image (NoahDefaultEDSPProd.dmp). I was able to load the remaining devices not loaded on the Noah (Profit5 and Vektron), by putting the nokeys OXE files on the ftp site in the Noah\App\oxe folder, and the Noah's Synchronizer application - click the folder icon in the second column, and hit 'synchronize'...

Note that the DLL's in the Flash Tool zip file were required on my PATH to launch the flash tool. Just copy them in the same directory as the FlashBox.exe...

Possibly, me changing some routing configuration (Audio and Midi) on the Noah unit -and- on the Noah app was the source of the instability?? I'm gonna stick with the Noah App from now on.... ;-)

Lost my presets! But that's OK... was only about 10 patches each, for four of the synths... no big swing...

Basically guys, do NOT lose the rgy file... so long as you have that, you can recover the Noah as good as new.
And there's always Ralf if you do lose your rgy...

And garyb, I did all the above on Windows 7 32-bit OS. It is not a case that the Noah is not supposed to work on Windows 7 - it's surprising that it has no issues, but it does appear that, yes, there are certainly no issues, even with disaster-recovery procedures on Windows 7.
After tonight's escapades, I'm quite sure about that...

Phew!
Not because it is easy, but because it is hard...
garyb

Post by garyb »

:)

i'm glad that it worked. no, it's not necessarily supposed to, but it's not like i'm against it working out. i do appreciate the info, it's good to know. from what i have seen, it does NOT work on later versions of osx, but again, i'm happy if it does.

yes, it's nice that S|C archives that software that has nothing to do with them...