Loading Performance ... failed

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

tommiport5

Loading Performance ... failed

Post by tommiport5 »

I get the above message everytime I switch on my Noah EX.
What I did: I tried to restore a backup. My Windows Vista crashed. I turned the Noah of and on. Since that there is this message. Vista keeps crashing everytime I try to restore the backup again (Blue screen, never seen that on Vista before). I could flash the operating system, but that didn't help.

Any help woud be appreciated.
Nebukadneser

Re: Loading Performance ... failed

Post by Nebukadneser »

If nothing helps, try restoring the unit using the flash tool: ftp://ftp.cwaudio.de/software/Noah/FlashTool/

It worked for me once I fryed the unit and erased the flash memory. It could not even boot ...

"This programm allows to write and read the internal flash of your Noah synthesizer
and should be used for backup and recover operation.

1. Noah must be connected to you PC via USB.

2. Turn on Noah while holding the "Utility" button.
Noah will operate in Mini OS mode than.

3. The Noah editor software must be closed.

4. Doubleclick the FlashBox.exe

Now you can read or write the whole content of the internal flash.
It includes all Devices, settings, presets and the operating system.

Press "Get Image" if you want to save a backup of Noah on your PC.

Press "Write Image" if you want to recover Noah with the .dmp file
on your PC.

5. Wait until the Flashbox gives a message that the file is written.

6. Close the FlashBox programm, start the editor software and
reboot Noah normal.

Note: The software keys are not included in the image file
You need your allkeys file from "my page" after recovering
Noah with the factory .dmp files.

7. If necessary the registry dialog will open and you can import
the allkeys file.

NoahDefault.dmp includes the factory setup
NoahDefaultEDSPProd.dmp includes the factory setup with EDS8i and Prodyssey
tommiport5

Post by tommiport5 »

Thanks for your advice. I followed it, but I am not sure, where it took me. After using the flash tool, I got the message "Loading Performance ..." without "failed". I could use the "settings" and it told me I had operating system 1.3.x (before I had 1.4). I tried to update the opsys, but it told me that the USB connection was gone. So I reinstalled the remote software. This time I could update the operating system, but that got me the same blue screen the the restore before.

The good news is: after powering on the noah it seemed to work. At least it showed me the display I was used to. But now my licenses seem to be gone. I wants to import some .skf files that I dont have. I bought the Noah second hand, and I didn't know something was missing. Any idea on that ?
Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

On the back side of the Noah, there is a sticker with the unique ID number of your unit. If you send it to Sonic core, they should be able to send your allkeys file with the appropriate codes for the plugins you own. I guess it is stored in a database. However, there should at this stage be installed the standard package of mixer, fx, synths in your Noah.

By the way, not sure if the remote software is Vista compatible. I have never tried that, maybe someone else knows?

Neb
tommiport5

Post by tommiport5 »

Vista compatible: it looks like I found the hard way that it is not. For "normal operation" it seems to work with Vista, but keep your hands of backup/restore. I have a second computer running XP and I tried the restore there again. It took about 5 hours, but it finished correctly. Still after powering up the Noah, I got "Loading Performance ... failed". So I guess the damage was already done during the backup on Vista (which took only a couple of seconds).

So -back to square one - I tried the flashbox again, which gave me the basic set back in a few minutes. However when I select a synth, the Noah asks for an activation key.

So I guess I try sonic core.

Thanks for your help again.

Tommi
tommiport5

Post by tommiport5 »

Just a short wrap up for all:

I used the flash box on a Windows XP machine (not on Vista).
I registered with sonic core and got a key file.
=> Now the Noah works perfect, better than when I got it.
(It might have had a failed backup before, because I noticed some glitches like no sound after bootup).

Thanks to all who helped, because the sounds are so authentic and powerful.
Danimalia

Post by Danimalia »

I have followed all of these steps and although I have the basic NoahEX working now, the Prodessey and Profit modules no longer work.

I got the Activation file from Ralf but those two modules don't work, they continue to say they aren't registered. What can I do?

Thanks!
Danimalia

Post by Danimalia »

I hope the lack of response isn't because there is no answer... :-?
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

I just cannot remember, because I just had the trouble once.

The hardest was to get the Noah work again.

Then I also had to reinstall the plug-in using the plug-in installler and the original OXE file I had backuped when installing.

I will try to PM you theese...
spacef

Post by spacef »

One thing that can really cause problem on noah, is when you replug the psu plug while the psu is not off. Before anything else, you must switch the PSU off, wait a few second, unplug the power plug, wait few seconds , replug it.
Then switch noah on: your problem is not gone now, but it is ready to be reflashed. It might work fine this time.
The problem is that i don't know which release is the right one to use for this. Also, this is from long time memories, but i know that my problem where because of this and after doing the above it was better.
You should not install the drum plugin nor latest pro5 (the pro1 is ok). This is because the onboard rom is too small and it might ovewrite a few things. If you want those, you need to delete other stuff from the noah, but i don't think it is worth it to put the drumbox and the pro5 (or whetver it is called, i don't remember).
you will need perserverance. Unless the noah has a problem you should manage to get it to work.
good luck !
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Is everything OK for you now Danimalia ?
Danimalia

Post by Danimalia »

I haven't tried it yet, to be honest. :oops:

I did download the files you sent and have them in my NOah folder, I just haven't dragged it out of my other room to try it yet.

Procrastination is definitely my strong suit, haha. :lol:
Danimalia

Post by Danimalia »

I just gave it a whirl and I am now able to play the Profit and Prodyssey modules again.

THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone for their help!
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Great News !!!

Just received a 2nd NOAH Ex unit. Everything OK on it except I miss the Prodyssey.
I have the key for it though.
So I think I have to install it also.
Wish me good luck ;)

CheerZ
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

... and after a few minutes of fear (getting the NOAH from a working status with missing plug-in to a neverending "Loading Performance ..." status), the use of the FlashTool to upload the 2nd unit with a fresh image I got from my first unit, everything gets back working with the nice addition of Prodyssey, EDS8i (for which I had the key but which was not installed) and Vectron Beta !!!

YES :)
Danimalia

Post by Danimalia »

Very cool! My journey was not as easy, it required a little more profanity on my end of things, but it's always good to hear we're all able to use our Noahs again.

It's a marvel to me every time I use this miracle box that it didn't catch on more.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Everything just got right for me.

I know I this was easier for me as I already had another NOAH Ex unit up and running...

I even had some quick feedback from SonicCore to my keyfile request from yesterday telling me they were not supporting NOAH anymore but providing me the correct keyfile.

Many thanks for that: I like this "we do not provide support anymore" but answer quickly and provide usefull information.

CheerZ
objective

Post by objective »

Hi,

I had problem with midi over usb and blue screen of death related one and decided to reinstall Noah (that I've recently bought on ebay) using dumps and Flash Tool.

And guess what? I forgot to make a backup of image! Damn! Now my noah (EX Final version) asks for keys on every device. I've sent a letter to support and to Ralf, but no one answered so far.

Maybe somebody can share OS dump for Noah so my awesome device won't be bricked?

Thanks!
objective

Post by objective »

Guys, is there any suggestions, please?

There is no reply from Ralf and from Creamware so far, I'm desperate... :( This device so fits my musical requirements.
objective

Post by objective »

Ok, I've got a keys from Sonic Core team and yes(!) my Noah is back on the track!

I'm so happy!