Severe problem with PSU

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nebukadneser

Severe problem with PSU

Post by Nebukadneser »

I have repeatedly had problems with the NOAH's extreme sensivity to ground loops. It also picks up mouse movements when connected to my lap top and amplifies this into noise.

I have a very silent PSU, with a on/off switch on the psu itself. On a few occasions I have got electric shock when removing the power cord from the unit. Something is definately not as it should be.

Last night, as an attempt to silent the unit from ground noise, I made a power cable without grounding. All I achieved was to delete the flash memory, :o and I had to re install the unit using the flashbox.exe program.

I believe I have to replace the power supply to get any further. Does anybody know if it is a standard computer PSU?

Neb
Henrik

Post by Henrik »

Yes it's standard pc power supply.

I have similar problems with my Noah. A friend borrowed it together with my Triton Extreme. When he connected the midi cable between them the midi-out of the Extreme got fried. I often get electrical shocks from the Noah as well. All the equipment I use are connected to the same outlet and not with very long wires.
My Prodyssey ASB often generates a huge humm when connected to any midi-keyboard. After 30 min it usually disapears. So for the last ½ year I simply have not used "Cream"-ware equipment. I don't want to fry more midi-keyboards.