Evolution UC33e templates for Noah synths

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

learog

Evolution UC33e templates for Noah synths

Post by learog »

Hi ,
Would it be possible to mod the Behringer syx files to use this controller for synth editing for Minimax etc.
I have bought a Uc33e for use with Reason and Cubase , but would love to use it with Minimax etc, but my knowledge of creating a editing template is limited.

I only recently bought my Noah 2nd hand , and would dearly love to create synth patches with ease using rotary knobs.

Any help/info would be gratefully recieved

Lea
wayne

Post by wayne »

In the Noah manual reference book you'll find the (fixed) CC assignments for most devices.

I've got a UC-33e at home, but only have used it so far with (assigned in) Scope, so i'm not too familiar yet - when i get back in a couple of weeks i'll check it out too.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Sorry but the sysex file are dedicated to the behringer controller. In fact you download to the BCR2000 the CC message mapping in the own BCR2000 language.

The CC assignement has to be done with the ENIGMA dedicated editor:

- http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=products.enigma

Compared to the BCR2000, you would be "limited" to directly access to 32 control (24 pot + 8 fader) whereas you can map up to 48 control to BCR2000 (32 encoder + 8 encoder with 4 switch selection) so you would have to modify a bit the mapping on some templates...

The good thing is that templates designed for the uc33e should also work with the Keystation Pro 88 and reverse.

Hope one of you can achieve this, as such a control acces to NOAH is just great (from my BCR2000 experience).

CheerZ
learog

Post by learog »

Not enough knobs?

Dang....

Well I bit the bullet and bought a BCR2000 - would rather spend time being creative rather than scratching my headt and looking at CC charts

Thanks

Lea
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

To be quite accurate: you would have the same amount of physical "controller" on both uc33e and bcr2000:
- the uc33e has 8 fader + 24 knobs
- the bcr2000 has 4 rows of 8 knobs

BUT the upper eight knob can be switched between in 4 bank within one preset. This is just the feature used to build up template for NOAH synth when they have more than 32 continuous controller.

Finally if you buy a BCR 2000, you could just dedicate the uc33e for reason and cubase while using the BCR for controlling the NOAH.

Just have fun and make music...

CheerZ