Noah software on a second computer

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

Fredsa

Noah software on a second computer

Post by Fredsa »

I am about to install the Noah sofware on my laptop, since the original installation on my desktop I have added the EDS8, Vectron, and Prodessy. Everything works fine on the Noah, When I install the sofware on the new laptop do I have to install the additional plugins again? Or do they come through the syncronization?
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

If you install in the same disc letter ( for example C: ), do a normal install on the new computer, then copy the installation folder from the older computer and substitute the new installation with it. you will have an identical installation with the previous one.

What is flashed in Noah is already there obviously.

Fast and effective way to have an identical situation, expecially if you have new presets.
Fredsa

Post by Fredsa »

its the same letter, sure it works?
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

I've done so and it works perfect.

You can always rename the fresh installed folder before copying the other one in C:, just in case.....You can always rename it back and install the other devices and copy the preset files in case something is wrong, that's a good idea anyway, but if the old install reflects correctly what's in the machine it should work perfectly.

remember that if you just burn the folder on a CD, it will all become "read only", you can zip it, burn it and unzip it once in the laptop, or better use a memory stick or a lan connection.

:)
Fredsa

Post by Fredsa »

thanks, normal installation worked well, so I didn't have to copy, however there was no asking for activation key and so on, so I hope it keeps me going!! I am planing to use Noah as the audio interface for my laptop, obviously that is a buggy issue for a lot of people