Sync problem

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

Running Cubase SE3, NOAH and using an ext. midi keyboard, I cannot manage to record midi in sync.

The latency is comfortably low, when playing VST instrument, but what I record is consequently very far behind the beat.

Could someone please tell me what settings to use on NOAH and in Cubase? I am desperate, having tried "all" combinations of Int / ext / via MIDI / via USB.

Neb
MiK

Post by MiK »

Are you using the "ASIO Multimedia Driver" or "ASIO Noah"? You really get lots of problems if not using the "ASIO Noah" driver. This "ASIO Multimedia Driver" uses the Windows multimedia layers i think (if you are using a Mac, this might be some CoreAudio stuff), and those introduce a bit of latency usually, but with the Noah, it's not just "a bit", it's in the range of 1-2 seconds sometimes.
Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

Everything is solved and the unit works perfectly connected to my laptop. I use the NOAH Asio which gives me low latency, and contrary to what I have read elsewhere, there are NO cracks and pops in my audio recordings or VSTsynths. The MIDI timing issue which I detected as a sync problem was solved by checking the "use system timestamp" somewhere in the devices menu.

Neb