ASIO troble

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

Help!

I can not make the NOAH ASIO driver work on my lap top running Cubase SE3 and XP Professional. The wav driver is fine, so the USB chain allows for communication between computer and NOAH. Noah ASIO is available in the Device manager, and latency is calculated, but if i run a VST instrument, no sound ...
Also in Wavelab, all drivers work fine apart from the NOAH ASIO.

I did install ASIO4ALL a while ago. Selecting NOAH as default device from A4A setup worked, but the latency was 29ms and it was all out of sync. So i removed the A4A from my machine.

The NOAH Asio did not work as long as A4A was installed, and does not work after the removal of A4A either.

Anyone? I am desperate.

Neb
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

USB on Noah is fine for midi, but USB is pretty rough for multitrack audio even if you could get it to work properly on the Noah (which if I remember right, we never managed without problems). Best option to get Noah's audio into a laptop (as far as I know) is a PCMCIA adat card (RME do one I think). Noah's adat seems to work flawlessly for us.

Never used A4A, so can't help there.
Henrik

Post by Henrik »

Audio over USB works for me if I have no other USB devices connected. As soon as I connect a computer keyboard or mouse then randomly sound disapears for up to 10-20 seconds then returns.

But using the Noah USB for both audio and MIDI (with midi keyboard connected to Noah and send to PC via USB) generates lots of noise (probably lost audio data).
Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

Henrik,

I am reinstalling Windows now to try to sort out things. Lately the "blue screen of death" appeared when i tried to install drivers for noah synth, midi and audio.

I will have to have the Steinberg USB dongle connected all the time along with Noah to make Cubase work ... (and preferably my USB keyboard / mouse)

THis does not look promising as I am intending to use my laptop, Noah and my AN1X synth to compose music next weekend. It will also involve recording audio through the NOAH input...

Neb
Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

Ok, all issues solved:

1) I reinstalled windows and removed Asio4all. Noah including drivers was also re installed, but I did not succeed in reinstalling drivers until I switched USB port for the unit. All attempts on the first choice of port resulted in blue screens during install.

2) Latency and midi timing problem is now solved. I selected "Use System time stamp" in one of the set up menus in Cubase. Now midi is rock solid!

3) Henrik - I can now record audio via analog inputs with no distortion. The noah asio contol panel allows for setting the number of channels for recoding and playback. I believe i put record to 4 and playback to 2. At 2 rec - 2 playback, there were pops and cracks all the time.

4) After a while, (10 minutes use) the system picks up noise, and all VSTs sound distorted. By releasing the asio driver in the back ground and switching apps back and forth, I think I have solved the problem.

Neb