Help installing Prodyssey

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

pop

Post by pop »

hi

Well i'll try to explain it the best i can 'couse my english is very bad.

Today i recived my account data from Creamware so I decided to buy a Prodyssey for Noah. The "generate file" option did not work so i followed the instruction and downloaded the file " Noah_Prodyssey_NoKeys.oxe" from the ftp server. I did authorize it with its "activation key". Later i did create an "oxe" folder on Noah's app folder and put the Prodyssey file there. I started Noah app and it installed the plugin properly. Then it said: "use synchronizer to update noah box". I went to synchronizer and Prodyssey plugin appear marked in yellow. I clicked on the icon folder right next to Prodyssey and finally click on "Synchronize". The process of upload seems to be right, but when i load Prodyssey device Noah says: "Load of device failed. Please check installation!" ... and obiously no sound at all.

The first time i did that process i was on a mac (powerbook with os 10.3.7). As i know that sometimes some things don't work right on mac i went with my Noah to a PC with Windows XP. I installed all and did the same thing with exactly the same result. So now i really don't know what else can I do.

I wrote both Creamware Spain and Germany. The first told me that they don't give technical support for Noah because they didn't sell a shit in Spain but unofficially told me "it could be something wrong with the plugin installation"... and i said: Oh, really? :smile:

I'm waiting for German division reply yet, but something told me that thay won't do a lot for me. So if anyone can help me here it will be nice.

I have paid barely 100€ for somenthing that do not work at all!

Thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pop on 2006-07-12 11:36 ]</font>
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

I have paid barely 100€ for somenthing that do not work at all!
Man, why are you doing this? :grin:

Seriously, sometimes something goes wrong when installing plugins on Noah. The nokey.oxe file on the ftp worked for me, so it could work for you.

Delete Prodyssey again from Noah (at least the parts that have been uploaded...) . Then try again to install the nokey.oxe with the use of plugininstaller.exe (drag and drop the .oxe onto it).

Now start Noah software and open all related yellow folders in synchronizer window. Make sure that USB is conected. Press synchronize ...and pray :wink:

If this won't work too, backup your custom patches from Noah and reset the b*tch. Then try again to upload Prodyssey.

kybernaut

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kybernaut_01 on 2006-07-12 14:22 ]</font>
pop

Post by pop »

Hi!

I did that process for almost 25 times, before i started to get mad :smile: I'm very persistent. I deleted the Prodyssey device and installed it again and again, but nothing happened.

Reinstall all could be the way. I have no problem with do it because my Noah is very recent and i haven't had time to make my own banks yet. But i have to learn how to do it and i'm afraid it will be useless, beacuse everything else work fine except this device.

I appreciate your help kybernaut_01
pop

Post by pop »

What is strange is that the plugin get installed correctly on the computer. I have 2 messages from the comp telling me that the installation was succesful. The problem seems to be in the upload to the Noah.
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

On 2006-07-12 15:34, pop wrote:
What is strange is that the plugin get installed correctly on the computer. I have 2 messages from the comp telling me that the installation was succesful. The problem seems to be in the upload to the Noah.
Maybe it says 'ok' on the computer but is still incomplete?!

When I bought my Prodyssey some time ago, I got it on a Saturday and thought that I could use the weekend to play with my new acquired toy! I made my plans withouth the CW registration server :wink:
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

BTW.: Do you have the newsest Noah software v1.1 ? In any case, try this: Uninstall and delete any traces and re-install the software. Then completely reset Noah. The Install Prodyssey using plugininstaller.exe. Then upload...

Use your PC for this rather than your Mac.
pop

Post by pop »

hi

I finally solved it flashing a new OS to noah (the package contined the default devices+ prodyssey+eds8i).

I bought Noah second hand so i think that the OS had something wrong. With the new OS i have fixed some extrange problems like, for example: on "system/device/usbcom" I couldn't switch to mac/linux and that's why Remote Control was so unestable before... but the fact is that it worked on mac :???: , it worked bad but it worked. I dunno.

Anyway it has fixed some other important things so i'm very satisfied.

greetings

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pop on 2006-07-18 17:20 ]</font>