noah performance cc controllers , assignable?

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

Wired

Post by Wired »

i'm looking to sync up the midi with a knob on my controller, trying to adjust the performance controllers via midi controller. how do you assign them to a knob on the controller?
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

Each device of Noah has it's fixed parameter midi mapping, the manuals have the list.
Wired

Post by Wired »

so you have to set the knob controller for each controller , just like a vst instrument, then, eg, if knob1 = filter cc 40, then set your slider on your midi board to cc40?
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

On 2006-05-19 15:26, Wired wrote:
so you have to set the knob controller for each controller , just like a vst instrument, then, eg, if knob1 = filter cc 40, then set your slider on your midi board to cc40?

Yes, the fixed assignation is more indicated for live use and devices load faster. :smile:
Wired

Post by Wired »

too bad one could not get a cc for the controller knob, eg, knob1 =cc#, knob2=cc# etc...
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Every parameter you could possibly use the performance controls (continuous controllers as CW put it) is already assigned a CC number. You already have control over practically every parameter.
Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

Speaking of controllers, I had a great time last weekend playing Rolling Stones tunes and controlling the Noah B-2003 from my Yamaha CS1x synth. I controlled the volume, leslie on/off and rotation speed by assigning knobs and pedals to the corresponding CCs. The implementaion of the leslie cabinet is very impressive. When presseing the foot switch, I could hear the horns gradually increase the speed, and by releasing the switch it gradually decreased. Very realistic indeed! The volume controll allowed for smooth playing on ballads such as "Wild horses".

Neb

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: nebukadneser on 2006-06-06 04:17 ]</font>
pop

Post by pop »

On 2006-05-19 05:09, alfonso wrote:
Each device of Noah has it's fixed parameter midi mapping, the manuals have the list.
hi

i can't find that list. i don't have the printed version of the manuals, is it anywhere on the pdf documents?
pop

Post by pop »

sorry, i have already find it. it's on "Noah technical reference.pdf"