Dynatube for Noah

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

How about Dynatube for Noah for live usage? Likely to happen?

Neb
wayne

Post by wayne »

Got my vote :smile:
AzureFeast

Post by AzureFeast »

This makes me raise the question... How good are the amp emulation in the effect section of the Noah? Any recommendation about how to use them on synth lead lines, guitars, arps... ?

Marc
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Neb, it would be great :smile:
But I fear not likely to happen before we get the Pro-12 on Noah or the leaves turn brown & fall off the trees again :razz:
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

I think this is very likely.

At least as soon as CW is able to dedicate more dev ressources to NOAH again, which is probably the main reason for the current lack of platform support.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

The only reason to dedicate ressource to developpement on NOAH would be if they intend to produce it again.
This happen from time to time, just thinking about WALDORF REBIRTH.
Anyway, I do not think this would happen unless they release a NOAH 2 based on the same DSP platform as the ASB box (let's call it NOAH ASB). This would be a great product to replace both LUNA2496 and NOAH with a blind box just as what the MODULAR G2 Engine, TC POWERCORE FIREWIRE or WAVE APA32 and APA44...
Let us just wait for news about this kind of things.
I just hope Creamware has not decided to developp first all the NOAH plugins as ASB box before realising such device.
Anyway we just already have or almost have MINIMAX, PROPHET 5, B4000 and PRODYSSEY.
Just have to wait for LIGHTWAVE, VECTRON and PRO-ONE ASB.
I do not know what a SIX-STRING ASB would BE (a MIDI Guitar?)
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

On 2006-04-13 10:42, FRA59-HELP wrote:
...if they intend to produce it again.
This happen from time to time, just thinking about WALDORF REBIRTH.
Good point.

NOAH used to be for a small fraction of geek people. People that wanted sound quality, people that weren't put off by using a fader box. But the trend of the time were Knobs. And then there were these "negative" words: "software", "plug-in"... Nothing that was suitable to sell to kids that wanted to exchange their cracked VSTi's for something "pro".

Now, that the ASB's helped to put CW's VA expertise in a a new perspective, there could be a market again for NOAH.

Just look at ebay: Over are the times that NOAhs sell for 500 € and less. People tend to keep their NOAH these days.

Maybe CW just has to re-lauch the NOAH with a slightly new package. Call it "ASB Player", give it a few more knobs, and write:

NOW. THE ALL NEW ASB PLAYER. GET ALL THE HIGHLY ACCLAIMED ASB SOUNDS IN ONE COMPACT PACKAGE. FOR A FRACTION OF THE COST. THE EVOLUTION HAS JUST BEGUN.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

As long as they do not forget to offer the MODULAR 3 inside this box, they could even offer something in front of the clavia Modular G2 engine which cost the same range of price as an ASB BOX...
Liquid Len

Bump

Post by Liquid Len »

Any news on this subject? Will we ever see Dynatube for the Noah? Before Dec 21, 2012 anyways?
Liquid Len

Scream thy last scream

Post by Liquid Len »

AzureFeast wrote:This makes me raise the question... How good are the amp emulation in the effect section of the Noah? Any recommendation about how to use them on synth lead lines, guitars, arps... ?

Marc
Definitely usable but not as lush and clear sounding as Dynatube, not even close.