Installing NOAH

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

It DOES work fine. Not sure why not for you guys, but it works fine here. What are you trying to do with the syncronizer specifically & how are you going about it? Are you still at the install stage or are you trying to syncronize newly created presets or banks?
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

I did not succeed to make the synchronizer work correctly (no download to the Noah Unit). I just used a trick to "update" the devices on the Noah but I think this is to dangerous to be explained as it could make the Unit crash completely...
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

To answer Shroomz, I intended to get the Prodyssey and EDS8I working on my newly bought (I got it in februar 2006) NOAH EX. I had the keys from creamware mypage and the files installed with the plug-in installer. But when pressing the Synchronize key, nothing happens at all even though I can check that the unit is idnetified by the PC. Did not thind why such a behaviour but found another way to get it work...
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

To answer Shroomz, I intended to get the Prodyssey and EDS8I working on my newly bought (I got it in februar 2006) NOAH EX. I had the keys from creamware mypage and the files installed with the plug-in installer. But when pressing the Synchronize key, nothing happens at all even though I can check that the unit is idnetified by the PC. Did not thind why such a behaviour but found another way to get it work...
arela

Post by arela »

thinking of a dangerouse route myself, downloaded the flashtool - i'll take a look at it.
Guess i do fine, since the installation on the other pc is ok, i could, in worst case, flash from there if i do something folish.

I found a lot of devices and even Noah_EX_NoKey.oxe.
Does it mean we don't need keys anymore?
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

No, you still need keys to install the device.
From what I guess, the keys is mainly used to allow the device to work on the hardware part of the NOAH.
When I installed my stuff (Prodyssey and EDS8I) I had some trouble to update the hardware part of the device. But I got the keys before I succeed.
I also succeed to get the Vectron available at the FTP site and it is working though I did not spend much time on it so far.
Tryed to install what looks like a beta version of the Prophet 5 but request an activation key on the Hardware NOAH EX...
Will have to wait untill the official release...
Laandodeman

Post by Laandodeman »

I am having the same problem. Somehow, the installer does not work when trying to install the vectron no-key. The installer just stops after dragging and dropping the oxe file onto the plugin installer. When starting the Noah remote software, it says: the oxe file is corrupted. Any suggestions would be welcome.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

When I tried and succeed to install the VECTRON, I had no problem when I used the plug-in installer. Everything went just simply when I installed the plugin except that I did not succed to get anything installed on the hardware NOAH EX.

I just used the files available on the cw ftp site:

ftp://ftp.cwaudio.de/Software/Noah/noke ... _NOAH_(_PC_)/

I just checked that they were still the same as th one I downloaded a few months ago.

The step I did not get through was to get the NOAH EX "synchronised". When I clicked on the synchronize key, nothing happened and the only trick I finally found was to update the devices using the update for recovery backup tool.

But I had to manually edit the data file before getting everything working OK.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

The official installation process is as followed (do not remmber where I found this):

"Prudukt : NOAH Häufigkeit der Anfrage : 8

Kathegorie : Software Problem : NOAH-Oxe Installation Anleitung

Problem :

Anleitung Oxe installation, hier am Beispiel EDS8i für Noah:

Fix :

PC:

1. Download the #Noah#EDS8i_NoKeys.oxe on your computer
2. Close all CreamWare-Applications (Noah, SFP, SCOPE 4.0 ...)
3. Doubleclick the oxe-File
4. The "CreamWare-PlugIn Installer" will open
5. Select only the Noah-Application
6. Klick on "Install"
7. Close the "CreamWare-PlugIn Installer"
8. Connect Noah via USB and start the Noah editor software
9. Follow the instructions of the installation prozess
10. At the end of installation the Synchronizer will open automatically
The Synchronizer is needed to copy the Device files into your Noah.
11. Select the grey folder Icon of the EDS8i on the right
12. The Icon becomes yellow and other folders will be shown
13. Make sure that there is enough "Available Memory" left
14. Now press the synchronize button and wait until all the files are written in your Noah-Synthesizer
15. After synchronisation you have to reboot your Noah
16. Have fun with your new Plugin

Mac:

1. Download the #Noah#EDS8i_NoKeys.oxe.bin on your computer
2. Copy this file into the "oxe" folder (//Noah//App//oxe).
3. Rename the file #Noah#EDS8i_NoKeys.oxe.bin into #Noah#EDS8i_NoKeys.oxe
8. Connect Noah via USB and start the Noah editor software
9. Follow the instructions of the installation prozess
10. At the end of installation the Synchronizer will open automatically
The Synchronizer is needed to copy the Device files into your Noah.
11. Select the grey folder Icon of the EDS8i on the right
12. The Icon becomes yellow and other folders will be shown
13. Make sure that there is enough "Available Memory" left
14. Now press the synchronize button and wait until all the files are written in your Noah-Synthesizer
15. After synchronisation you have to reboot your Noah
16. Have fun with your new Plugin

"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FRA59-HELP on 2006-05-12 15:30 ]</font>
javamusic

Re: Installing NOAH

Post by javamusic »

Sorry for reviving an old topic.

I recently purchased a Noah EX, installed the 1.1 software on a Windows 7 PC running Virtual XP. All is fine except that I cannot activate the Odyssey and Drum Machine plugins I downloaded from Creamware's ftp. The Profit 5 which came with installer has no problem installing. I realize that I may need to run the Plugin Installer apps in the 1.1 software but it has an unrecognizable .pro extension.

How can I run the installer application?

Thanks.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Maybe too late but you probably need the keys to activate the extra plugin.
Maybe GaryB can help you by providing you the keyfile for your unit ?
I suspect Gary is not an expert about this old discontinued machine but maybe he still can get the keyfiles.
garyb

Post by garyb »

you can't run the remote software in windows 7 and actually expect it to work.
if you need keys, you can get them from support, but when Creamware went out of business Vista was newly released. the remote software works in XP or OSX 10.2 ONLY.
cw_swede

Post by cw_swede »

Yeah, nothing happens if noah usb is connected on my win7 x64. So I ran and installed wmware with winXP and now it works like charm.
But now it's time to sell it.
javamusic

Post by javamusic »

I tried dropping the OXE file into the pluginsinstaller and it works. But as I mentioned the Prodyssey is already installed in the Noah when I purchased it, it is only that the synth is not showing up on the PC ( not shown on the drop down instrument list on PC ).

I have then noticed that inside the Device folder, al the instruments folders are there except for the Prodyssey and since these folders contain the soft synths' graphic interface etc., maybe this is the reason I could not find it on the PC? And if this is the case, does anyone have this Prodyssey device folder that can share with me?

Thanks.
ste

Post by ste »

Hi,
i have some troubles in updating my noah ex.
EDIT: i did it successfully but it's a bit tricky(i used a dmp file and noahflash application + miniOS mode)