Change instrument in NOAH with midi controller

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

Laandodeman

Post by Laandodeman »

Hi,
I am controlling my NOAH with a midi controller (Novation X-station), which in many respects is OK. I assigned drawers en knobs to the minimax, the B2300.

But sometimes, while playing live, I would like to change the instrument and while playing switch to the pro-one.

Has anyone found out if this is possible? E.g. to change an instrument (Minimax to pro-one) with a midi command?
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

You can change the Multi preset sending message to the general channel. If you have only one change amongst several devices you just save a Multi preset with that change only. I didn't try in Single configuration though...
Laandodeman

Post by Laandodeman »

Thanx for replying, but I find it hard to understand what you are saying. What does "change the Multi preset sending message to the general channel" mean. How do I do that?
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

In the MIDI manager, in the Global section you'll see a MIDI channel that is the Mixer/Effects MIDI channel. If you send a program change in that MIDI channel when you are in Multi mode, you will recall the Multi presets. The Multi presets contain information also on wich synths are loaded.

So you save a Multi preset with the synths you need, then you could make and save a new Multi preset that is the same as the previous except for one of the synths loaded. Now, sending bank and prg. change to that MIDI channel in the Global section of the MIDI manager, you'll have the possibility of switching between those multi presets, thus changing the synth.

I think that you have to be in Multi mode to be able to change synths with MIDI messages, but it's ok, if you only need one synth with higher polyphony, just load it in the first slot and you'll be ok.
Laandodeman

Post by Laandodeman »

Thanx Alfonso! I got it working!