Is Profit 5 available for Noah

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Pro-12 even :smile:

YES, the Noah gets another classic onboard!!
How could you fail to love this machine :grin:

more, more, we want more.
Anna Lüse

Post by Anna Lüse »

kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

On 2006-05-02 12:22, Anna Lüse wrote:
http://gutenberg.spiegel.de/storm/maerchen/haewelma.htm

Anyone who can translate this text?

Hm, what does Transferleistung mean in English??

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kybernaut_01 on 2006-05-02 13:24 ]</font>
AzureFeast

Post by AzureFeast »

Yes, Profit-12 is now installed and working on my Noah. Except for a number of preset that are panned hard right by default, everything is working fine. Yet another fine synth to explore on the Noah !

Thanks to Creamware for finally unlocking this gem.

Marc.
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

On 2006-05-02 13:36, AzureFeast wrote:
Yes, Profit-12 is now installed and working on my Noah. Except for a number of preset that are panned hard right by default, everything is working fine. Yet another fine synth to explore on the Noah !

Thanks to Creamware for finally unlocking this gem.

Marc.
Hm, and it really sais "Pro-12" on yours?

On the FTP and on CW's Mysite is still the old Profit-5 beta for me...
AzureFeast

Post by AzureFeast »

No, you are right it says Profit-5, while in the device list (and the oxe file name) it says Prophet 5...

That said the polyphony is 2 (1 slot), 6 (2 slots), 9 (3 slots) & 12 (4 slots) respectively. Which, I think, is nice for all practical purpose.

Marc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AzureFeast on 2006-05-02 23:43 ]</font>
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Let me get this straight in my mind:- You bought the newly released (but unannounced) Pro-12 for Noah, the file name says it's a Prophet-5, it acts like a Pro-12?, but it doesn't have the Pro-12 application graphic user interface/skin?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shroomz on 2006-05-03 04:41 ]</font>
Henrik

Post by Henrik »

Weeeeehhh!

Paid Creamware the €'s and installed Prophat 12 :wink: Nice!

A few "bugs"
Presets 43-127 except 63 and 64 are panned all to the right. Will edit them manually and attach the file here.
- My Modulation-wheel from MS2000 does not affect the Prophat 12 :wink: Will examine the CC#s soon.

Really nice fat sound and seems to be working quite nicely.

THANKS CREAMWARE!!!
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

On 2006-05-03 04:41, Shroomz wrote:
Let me get this straight in my mind:- You bought the newly released (but unannounced) Pro-12 for Noah, the file name says it's a Prophet-5, it acts like a Pro-12?, but it doesn't have the Pro-12 application graphic user interface/skin?
To be precise, it is offered as Pro~12, the file name is Prophet-5, the UI graphics say Profit-5 and it behaves like Pro~12 :grin:

I expect the final version with final presets to follow soon...
Anna Lüse

Post by Anna Lüse »

Henrik

Post by Henrik »

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... &0&start=0

I uploaded the corrected presets from Prophet 12 with sound panned correctly.
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

May I ask: Where is the final Version?

When I wrote CWA today, they wrote: "See our Online-Shop."

Well, yes... I can buy a serial there. But where is that final(!) version that has been announced for 18 months now??
Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

As far as I know, the only version available is the one at the ftp site: ftp://ftp.cwaudio.de/Software/Noah/

It was uploaded on November 28th 2005 ...

Neb
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

Correct... and this is a beta. The most obvious things missing are the UI graphics and the final factory presets :sad:
Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

What UI feature is missing? I don't think the name P5 in stead of P12 qualifies for a missing UI feature! I got 128 presents with mine, which I think is the same number as the SCOPE version. It is most definately not a Beta version, and unless you have the EX version of Noah, you won't have 12 voices ...

Neb

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nebukadneser on 2006-05-22 13:58 ]</font>
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

But then tell me why this very version is lying on the ftp for months and then suddenly is sold as a final version?

As for the presets: I don't think that these are the ones included in Pro-12 ASB...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kybernaut_01 on 2006-05-22 22:55 ]</font>
Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

Hi,

I was thinking that it could be a marketing consideration not to release it until the P12 ASB was finished. But, you are right, the news about the P5/12 for SCOPE and NOAH was published long ago...

Neb
Henrik

Post by Henrik »

One missing feature on the Pro5/12 version in my Noah is to be able to control parameters with CC#. (like from BCR2000) My modulation wheel doesn't even work which is sad. But it will be released when it's ready I guess. I am just happy that we got the oportunity to play with this baby :smile:

Of course one could always dream about other things like: Saw wave also for Osc 1
Mixed mode Pro5/12 and VS like Arturias.
Perhaps being able to receive original sysex patches :wink:

One thing that I have always missed greatly is way to see the "numbers" corresponding to the pot's position. It goes for all the Noah plugins. Could be a number being displayed with the mouse pointer when you turn them or when you move the pointer over them.

I have started to make a conversion tool in visual basic that loads original sysex files and sends it to Noah as CC#.

Notised that PW did not behave as I would expect. Value 0 in my head would be leftmost position and 127 rightmost. It seems to be opposite. Of course one could ask if it makes any difference in the sound.

We all complained for year(s) that we couldn't just even try this one out. Now we got it and now we complain about it not being 100.1% finished.

One happy customer :smile:
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

On 2006-05-24 05:44, Henrik wrote:
Notised that PW did not behave as I would expect. Value 0 in my head would be leftmost position and 127 rightmost. It seems to be opposite. Of course one could ask if it makes any difference in the sound.
Hi Henrik,

Pulsewidth is often variable between square & pulse. On a pot that would normally be translated as square being to the left & pulse being to the right. 'Zero' as such, is essentially non-existant on such a parameter, as both possible zero positions of the pot are simply part of the variable PW range.

Oddly, something like the original Pro-One was designed with graphics showing a pulse width range of 0(L)-10(R), which doesn't make any sense. Well not as much sense as synths designed with PW range of square to pulse (left to right) & displayed as such graphically.

(well, that's my take on it) :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shroomz on 2006-05-25 13:03 ]</font>
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

On 2006-05-24 05:44, Henrik wrote:
One missing feature on the Pro5/12 version in my Noah is to be able to control parameters with CC#. (like from BCR2000)

I have started to make a conversion tool in visual basic that loads original sysex files and sends it to Noah as CC#.
Do you mean the CC table available there:

ftp://ftp.cwaudio.de/Software/Noah/Prof ... oah_en.pdf
does not work ?

Would stop me from buying it as I intended to use it together with the BCR2000 just as I do with the other plug-in...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FRA59-HELP on 2006-05-26 10:00 ]</font>