Some questions about Noah

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

metropolis79

Post by metropolis79 »

Hi to all, I'm a proud Noah EX italian user, I've purchased it second hand, and have some minor problems. this could be the first of a serie of posts for me... please be patiente! I've written to creamware tech support several times and had no reply at all :sad:

so..here we go with the questions:

1. I can't manage to change programs in noah via program and bank changes messages. I've a lot of hardware, and I use a Triton extreme as a master; usually I send a bank change message (MSB 87 and LSB depending on the bank that I've to select) and then a program change message (from "0" to "126"). It works for all my hardware boxes, but not for noah...what am I doing wrong? I've searched in all the menus in tha Noah-Utility folder, but I can only find an option called program change which can be Noah or Editor, but I've not understanded how it works. And in both cases program changes don't work!

2. i've installed the asio drivers. I'm on windows XP service pack 2. Via USB I can acces only the left channel of Noah...any suggestions??

3. I've founded on the creamware ftp, under the "no keys" folder, two oxe files, one for prophit5 and one for vectron. I've tried to install them, but only the editor on my pc can view those devices, Noah does not recognise them at all..no sound, nothing displayed on the LCD screen..what happens? all the rest works like a charm :smile:

4. On the midi Tables in the technical reference, there are some parameters that can be controlled via KeyP...in particular I'm interested in automating the mixer mute on/off status in multi configuration..what is KeyP?? Key position? I've tried several things and haven't founded a solution...

5. The last for this time :grin: but not the least :wink: the guy that have sold me the noah does not have a midi table of the prodissey...someone could send me the pdf?

thanks in advance for the help...sorry for the long post and for the many questions!

ciao!
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

I can at least answer qestion 3:

Both synths are still in development and are not yet oficially released.

While you can install both on your Noah box, only Vectron will work right away, Profit 5 needs an activation key which is not yet on sale at creamware...

Anyway, to make Cectron work on your system., you have to upload it correctly to the Noah:

- install Vectron using the Nokey.oxe file
- make sure you have a USB connection to Noah
- open the synchronizer
- find Vectron in the list and highlight it
- click on the folder icon on the right edge of the window
- click on "synchronize"
- switch Noah off and on again

Not sure if all steps here are really necessary, but after having some problems in the past myself, this always worked for me.

cheers,

kybernaut
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Hi metropolis79 & welcome to Z !!,

To answer your questions from our experiences.

1. We have had standard program changes working for Noah from our KS4 with Noah in in Multi mode ... no problem, no NRPN's, just standard Program change message on the channel you've assigned to whatever you're trying to program change. However, we couldn't get the 'bank select' to work in Multi mode ... only single mode !!
.... No big deal if you're using your own preset lists in Multi mode, as you can easily program change between your presets :wink:

2. Very odd, problem solve this one ... check pan position etc :smile:

3. If you're getting the Vectron GUI all you need to do is syncronise the devices. The profit-5 requires a key which sadly to this day is non-existent.

4. This is the polyphonic aftertouch message.
The step sequencer, arpegiator & all your effects use them. Some synths use them too (Lightwave & others I think)

5. I'll have a look :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shroomz on 2005-12-04 15:09 ]</font>
metropolis79

Post by metropolis79 »

thanks so much kybernaut_01 and Shroomz!
today I'll try all of this things adn i'll post the relusts.

thanks again!
metropolis79

Post by metropolis79 »

ahh Shroomz, if you find the prodissey midi table, my mail address is metropolis79@virgilio.it

thanks a lot!
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

I've started a new thread & put a link to the Prodyssey control map PDF. Hope that helps :wink: