NOAH analog outputs not working - EDIT: solved

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

R.D. Olivaw

Post by R.D. Olivaw »

Hi there

I'm having a problem with the analog output pair of my Noah, there's absolutely no signal going through it (even with the right setup, before some of you ask).
Digital outputs, headphone output and analog inputs are working perfectly.
As far as I remember, this problem happenned on some other unit, and it was a software issue. But I didnt find clear answers with a search on this forum.
Can anyone help me?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: R.D. Olivaw on 2005-09-16 06:03 ]</font>
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

We've not had this problem, but might be able to shine some more light on your situation if you can tell us you're exact setup. We don't know where you're sending any of your signals.
How have you gone about verifying that there's no analogue signal coming from the Noah ? Are you using the host software?
R.D. Olivaw

Post by R.D. Olivaw »

Thanks Shroomz but as I said it's not a setup problem. I know how to send a sound from my good old Noah to one of its outputs (I tried from the unit and from the remote soft), and I know how to monitor an output signal, don't worry :wink:

I'm asking here because I remember this inactive analog outputs problem happenned to other people, and I'm looking for their lights!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: R.D. Olivaw on 2005-09-13 15:47 ]</font>
Liquid Len

Post by Liquid Len »

Hmm, what makes my noah output nothing?

Check that the mixer main output gain isn't set to -186 or something ridiculous. I find that if I send a midi reset signal to everything in my midi setup, the noah mixer level gets set to a very low level, and meanwhile i'm trying to figure out why i'm suddenly getting no sound out of the noah... This has happened live a few times and been cause for much distress.

Also check that the synchronization is set to internal (unless you're syncing from another device, in which case, check the signal path there).

dunno if this helps...
R.D. Olivaw

Post by R.D. Olivaw »

Checking the master fader of the mixer was one of the first things I did...
Before threading here I made several rigorous tests & I'm 100% it's not a signal path / midi setup / sync issue.
Believe me, the analog outputs just don't work. Analog in & ADAT out work.
I guess I'll have to contact CW. Thx anyway.
garyb

Post by garyb »

master volume? black knob on the right? got me once....
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Or maybe try the one on the 'left' :smile:

Have you always had this problem with your Noah, or has this just started happening recently?

Again, you still haven't given us many details. That's the only reason we're forced to ask you silly questions. Give us more info.
R.D. Olivaw

Post by R.D. Olivaw »

How can u ask if it's the master volume when I'm repeating endlessly other outputs are working? You should read twice before trying to help.

BushBaShroomz I don't know if my analog outputs ever worked, coz I always used ADAT out. But I needed the analog outputs recently and realized they are not working.

Really there's no additionnal detail to give about the whole situation. I'm not a Noah newbie that doesn't know how to make it work. I've tested those analog outputs many different ways to be sure they are inactive. I tried to do the output assigning & mixer setup & midi setup from the remote soft and from the unit itself, in every situation the digital outputs and the headphones output work, where the analog outputs keep at 0V whatever the monitoring system (desk, multimeter, I tried everything).

Once again it's not a "help me I don't know how to make it work" thread, it's something like "This part just doesn't work, did anyone already have this problem?"

So, anyone else had this problem?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: R.D. Olivaw on 2005-09-14 05:39 ]</font>
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Only trying to help.

If you're so sure it's 'faulty' what good will someone telling you 'Oh yes, my Noah's been back at CW with this' be to you.?

Good luck getting it fixed.
R.D. Olivaw

Post by R.D. Olivaw »

Answer to your question in my very first post on this thread.
If this is a software issue there's probably a way I can fix it by myself w/o having to send my unit back to CW.
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

if you've read and done all thats described in the manual page 47 and 48 and it still doesnt work, give cw a call.

and no i havent had this problem. or a noah.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

So, have you tried a software reinstall yet?
R.D. Olivaw

Post by R.D. Olivaw »

p47-48 are basics about assigning outputs in my manual.

Shroomz, u mean Noah OS reinstall? I cannot risk it (with all the keys registrations) right now for my unit is very busy those days. I'll try that after the rush.

thx
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Yep, it's a bummer, but if that's the last resort for you, then there's nothing you can do except prepare yourself with the software & all the keys for a reinstall when your Noah has cooled down from all that work :smile:

It's not the end of the world, far from it infact when you browse the forum & see the amount of people having to install their SFP over & over to get it right. By comparison, the Noah installs fast, boots fast (host software & Noah OS) & in general seems to us to be a lot more reliable & robust than SFP (though obviously not quite as complex)

BTW RD, is it a Noah or NoahEX you have?
R.D. Olivaw

Post by R.D. Olivaw »

Noah EX with all synths (except that beta profit5 I heard about...)

Last night I reinstalled Noah OS & the reg keys, it was pretty fast and now my analog outputs are WORKING!

thx for your attention
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

WOOOHOOO !! :grin:

You knew what you had to do all along.

Glad it worked mate. :smile:
glad we got the *NOAH* forum back too :smile:
R.D. Olivaw

Post by R.D. Olivaw »

:grin:
garyb

Post by garyb »