"detected communication problems with noah"

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

sexschon

Post by sexschon »

I reinstalled XP and then, impossible to use my noah. the noah's drivers are installed, no problem, but my noah is not detected when I lauch the software installation, and the noah's software.
I switch the noah's communication mode into "windows". .. strange isn't it ?
anyone has an idea ?

(error message : "detected communication problems with noah. plesae restart hard and software to proceed")

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sexschon on 2005-08-30 00:50 ]</font>
sexschon

Post by sexschon »

Ok I found the solution..If you have the same problem, let me know.
cheers
X-Rayz

Re:

Post by X-Rayz »

I have the same problem, please give me the solution
Solved by new version of software..
CoolAngel

Re: Help me

Post by CoolAngel »

Hello to all .. unfortunately I too have this problem. Windows XP does not recognize me more Noah and there is no communication usb. Noah when I turn I see the asterisk next to the presets that first then change the sound just disappears. The first time I tried Noah has worked, then I turned off everything and I have rekindled later and I have not had more recognition usb :cry:I tried to connect Noah to another pc but I is not recognized and asks me to install drivers as it is as if the door was locked usb ... someone help me know?

many thanks
HUROLURA

Re:

Post by HUROLURA »

What version of the remote software did you install ?
CoolAngel

Re:

Post by CoolAngel »

Hello, I have installed computers in the v1.1. But I do not think that this is important because if I connect to a new Noah pc should recognize it and ask the driver, which is not happening. Do you have any suggestions or there is a reset of the machine by pressing any key when?

Many thanks
Nebukadneser

Re:

Post by Nebukadneser »

I did some faulty attempts on installing Noah 1.1 on my new laptop. I kept trying to install the software with Noah connected to one USB port. Then after connecting the box to another USB port, I managed to install all the 3 drivers sucessfully. Make sure the unit is set to Win and not Mac.

My advice is to connect the unit to anotehr USB port and install the drivers again when new hardware is detected. After successfull install, keep using that USB port for NOAH.

Neb
CoolAngel

Re:

Post by CoolAngel »

Thanks the replies friends!
I have tried to connect Noah to another usb port and also to change the computer but nothing happens. It may be that the OS 1.1 Site Soniccore not working well? I can not select from USBCom: Windows, Mac, Linux gives me just the items Delault and Nondefault. There is a link to download an operating system or correct any of you can help me? Do you know tell me if it is normal that when Noah put an asterisk next to the first preset? I would not like the usb port of Noah is burned or not working :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thanks again
Nebukadneser

Re:

Post by Nebukadneser »

You may also check the setting of the "Parameter lock" function. This is a function which either lets each individual preset change global settings, or on the opposite hand, to lave the global settings in a fixed status not affected by the changing of presets. Not likely, but this just might be the cause why you are not able to set the Win, Mac parameter.

Try to change the "Parameter lock" setting on NOAH and see if things improve.

Neb
CoolAngel

Re:

Post by CoolAngel »

I can not control "Parameter Look" in the menu because of my Sistem Noah does not appear. On my Noah is still the old software and firmware 1.3 21-5-2003 but I can not update it because I have the usb door locked, no computer recognizes me when I connect Noah. The first time I connected I was recognized but after turning off and turned on again after some time, Noah is completely gone and the same applies if I try to connect to another computer where there had never been connected before. Even when I try to open FlashTool tells me "Can not open usb. I asked earlier if there is a hard reset the machine by pressing one or more keys on.

thanks again
Nebukadneser

Re:

Post by Nebukadneser »

the Parameter lock is accessible via the menus on the NOAH it self, not through software. Try to check this setting + the OS mode which should be set to Win.

Neb
CoolAngel

Re:

Post by CoolAngel »

Yes, I understand that. But the menu of my sistem Noah there is no "Parameter lock" there are only these items:

WakeUp NoahID USBCom OptOut

USBcom exist only in the Default Settings and Nondefault.

I believe that setting where you can talk only with the firmware upgraded to 1.4.23 as explained in the manual of version 1.1

Then I also tried to connect to a Mac Noah but them was not recognized.
HUROLURA

Re:

Post by HUROLURA »

To get to parameterLock on the Noah, just press the system key.
This parameter is the 4th displayed ...
CoolAngel

Re:

Post by CoolAngel »

I'm sorry but I no see him, if I press the button the display System I see:

MIDI - Controls - Device - Memory

if within the device menu I see only:

WakeUp - NoahID - USBcom - OptOut

:cry:
CoolAngel

Re:

Post by CoolAngel »

Hello to all,
Ralf has not even been able to help me .. is certainly not a problem of operating system or setting the machine at this point I believe that we have damaged the USB port or the chip. Do you know if there is a service center where I can send my eil Noah? Soniccore not be any assistance they told me via email and Quast to me is truly scandalous. :cry:

thanks
Nebukadneser

Re:

Post by Nebukadneser »

It is very unlikely that it is a hardware problem. We'll sort it out!

Neb
CoolAngel

Re:

Post by CoolAngel »

Unfortunately I do not see other solutions, no computer recognizes usb and Noah in the machine I tried all options without success .. then what else could be?
Nebukadneser

Re:

Post by Nebukadneser »

Try using the flash tool: ftp://ftp.cwaudio.de/software/Noah/FlashTool/

It worked for me once I fryed the unit and erased the flash memory. It could not even boot ...

"This programm allows to write and read the internal flash of your Noah synthesizer
and should be used for backup and recover operation.

1. Noah must be connected to you PC via USB.

2. Turn on Noah while holding the "Utility" button.
Noah will operate in Mini OS mode than.

3. The Noah editor software must be closed.

4. Doubleclick the FlashBox.exe

Now you can read or write the whole content of the internal flash.
It includes all Devices, settings, presets and the operating system.

Press "Get Image" if you want to save a backup of Noah on your PC.

Press "Write Image" if you want to recover Noah with the .dmp file
on your PC.

5. Wait until the Flashbox gives a message that the file is written.

6. Close the FlashBox programm, start the editor software and
reboot Noah normal.

Note: The software keys are not included in the image file
You need your allkeys file from "my page" after recovering
Noah with the factory .dmp files.

7. If necessary the registry dialog will open and you can import
the allkeys file.

NoahDefault.dmp includes the factory setup
NoahDefaultEDSPProd.dmp includes the factory setup with EDS8i and Prodyssey
CoolAngel

Re:

Post by CoolAngel »

Hello, thank you for you time I have spent. But if you read my previous posts? I am no computer recognizes the usb connected Noah so how can I run FlashTool?

Regards
HUROLURA

Re: Re:

Post by HUROLURA »

CoolAngel wrote:I'm sorry but I no see him, if I press the button the display System I see:

MIDI - Controls - Device - Memory

if within the device menu I see only:

WakeUp - NoahID - USBcom - OptOut

:cry:

You have to press the "System" button to get access to these ...